PS3SACD.com Home

HomeHome   Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sleeping Beauty

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brandon B

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:44 pm    Post subject: Sleeping Beauty Reply with quote

Not to plug my company's stuff, but they did an absolutely stellar job on this. There's a pretty comprehensive review of it here:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/movies.php?id=555&show=review

and having watched it now, I have to agree. I had been not going to buy this as my kid is 10 now and less into movies like this, and had the previous DVD release. All the positive reaction changed my mind though, and if you are into classic animation, it can't get any better. The only small flaws in the picture anywhere are a few spots where some of the elements were a bit out of focus when they filmed them in the multi-plane camera setup. I am not sure if everyone will even notice these, as they were subtle on my 106" wide screen.

The audio track was also surprisingly strong for such an old film.

Most surprising thing about the release was that they included the full DVD feature disk, since people with kids are unlikely to turn over a blu-ray to the sticky finger crowd. Not a digital copy, but a regular DVD with the same version of the film, just at DVD resolution. If you have no kids or need for this, you can give this to someone as all the extras are on the second BD disc (it comes in a cardboard sleeve attache to the outside of the BD case).

Anyway, if you are a fan of animation, this is a no-brainer.
Yuri

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So that's the company you needed those PS3s for. Interesting to hear you're working at a company in the movie (restoration? mastering? ...) business.

The Sleeping Beauty is not one of my favourites but when a movie like Fantasia comes out on Blu-ray Disc I'm highly interested. I think that title can be a true showcase for classic animation on BD.
Brandon B

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I don't work at the studio, I'm at Imagineering, the theme park group (which is why I end up in Tokyo so often).

I think Fantasia is in the lineup for 2009. The set, not just the original. Along with Snow White, and Pinnochio in the near term.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PS3SACD.com Forum Index -> Movies All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: