PS3SACD.com Home

HomeHome   Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

V is for Vendetta

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brandon B

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject: V is for Vendetta Reply with quote

Saw this for the first time when spinning my BD of it last weekend.

I have to say, I am more of a fan of the Wachowski brothers as I see more of their films. I *liked* The Matrix a fair bit, but was never as jazzed about it as the general public, probably because all the sci fi I have read meant I did not find the story nearly as original or fresh as most, as almost all the concepts are pretty well worn. Nonetheless, I liked that movie, a least enjoyed the second, and didn't dislike the third.

Speed Racer I also found to be just thoroughly fun and enjoyable, and nearly dead on for the proper way to move the material to the big screen.

V confirmed for me that the Ws have great instincts. While it was directed by their protégé while they produced, it still felt like heir hand was firmly in the mix. I haven't read Moore's comic, but the film definitely seemed to have the style of a graphic novel. Enjoyed the whole thing enough that I forgot to pay attention to video and audio quality for the most part. What I did notice was all good on the video front. Audio seemed weak (a bit muffled) at the beginning of the movie, but I'll have to watch it again to see if it improved, or if I just got immersed and stopped noticing.

Natalie Portman was great, as was Hugo Weaving, especially for someone who's face is hidden for the entire film. There was a hilarious extra of Portman doing a hard-ass rap in an SNL skit, which you can find on YouTube.

Anyway, good film, with some pointed barbs at administrations on both sides of the "pond".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PS3SACD.com Forum Index -> Movies All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: