PS3SACD.com Home

HomeHome   Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DTS Envelo?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Seventh Taylor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:53 pm    Post subject: DTS Envelo? Reply with quote

Supposedly at CES, DTS has announced several new technologies including
  • Envelo
  • Surround Sensation
  • some headtracker
  • a (virtual?) 11.1-channel system

Although it's an American event I can only seem to find Japanese coverage about this, here and here.

The news/press page on DTS' own site has no CES news at all. The only article from this year is about their take-over of Neural Audio.

I'm curious about these things. Envelo looks like something for iPod. Some simulated surround thing? I guess a lot of the innovations are about virtualization. Or would they really hope people put 12 speakers in their living rooms?

Similarly, Dolby has announced Dolby Pro Logic IIz, a new variant of the system that scales up to 9.1 but at least their website provides information about it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PS3SACD.com Forum Index -> Equipment All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: