PS3SACD.com Home

HomeHome   Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Up this week: Original Planet of the Apes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brandon B

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:06 am    Post subject: Up this week: Original Planet of the Apes Reply with quote

Watching tomorrow night. Also nabbed Young Frankenstein and Thunderball in the Amazon 342 sale.[/i]
Brandon B

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I was pleased with this disk. Not incredible quality in either the picture or sound department, but it looked to be a solid transfer from the original print which is probably where the mediocrity comes from.

Haven't seen this movie anywhere but as a cropped and edited broadcast TV airing up until now, so it was pretty enjoyable for me to get the original theatrical experience, along with my kid, who I managed to keep the ending unspoiled for. Saw both some shots that had been edited, as well as some activity at the sides of the screen that were new to me.

One note for those in the same position: While they no longer have the mother of all spoilers as the picture on the front of the box like they used to on some DVD versions, there is still a sort of one in the images shown during the menu about 5 or 10 seconds in.

Did not get a chance to watch any extras, as we followed it up with Porco Rosso. I'll watch those later this week.

Anyway, If you're a fan of the movie, this is definitely a worthwhile acquisition.
The Seventh Taylor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the spoiler alert Very Happy

I haven't seen the movie yet (nor the remake for that matter) so I'm 'unspoilt'. Your warning makes me curious.
Brandon B

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The remake is quite bad, IMO. Apart from production design and art direction (which were pretty good), it should be given a miss.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PS3SACD.com Forum Index -> Movies All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: