PS3SACD.com Home

HomeHome   Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles S1 out on BD

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yuri

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:41 am    Post subject: Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles S1 out on BD Reply with quote

The follow-up series to the Terminator movies (or at least the brilliant T2 movie), The Sarah Connor Chronicles season 1 is out on various media including Blu-ray Disc.

There's a great review of the BD at The Digital Bits.

What I don't get is why the BD release in the US got such bland artwork, compared to the original poster, the Japanese BD and even the American DVD.

Compare these two:

and

Terminator - The Sarah Connor Chronicles - The Complete First Season [Blu-ray] (2008)
Brandon B

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another marketing mystery.

That image on the right looks rather heavily "inspired" by Ghost in the Shell. If that's a Japanese market cover, they may have been trying to play off that.
Brandon B

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of which, don't suppose you know anyone who's picked up GITS:SAC on BD yet and has an opinion on whether it's worth getting for a somewhat-but-not-hardcore fan over the DVD version?
Yuri

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brandon B wrote:
That image on the right looks rather heavily "inspired" by Ghost in the Shell. If that's a Japanese market cover, they may have been trying to play off that.

Agreed. It is the Japanese BD cover, but it's also the American DVD cover. In fact it's used on all the artwork except the American Blu-ray Disc release, it seems. Mysterious indeed.

Brandon B wrote:
Speaking of which, don't suppose you know anyone who's picked up GITS:SAC on BD yet and has an opinion on whether it's worth getting for a somewhat-but-not-hardcore fan over the DVD version?

I wasn't even aware it was out on BD yet but it turns out it is, on import of course. I found this review here.
Brandon B

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I was actually asking about the TV series which followed up the first movie but the director kind of ignored when he made the second film. I have GITS on DVD and Innocence on BD.

They discuss it here.
Yuri

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, my fault. I overlooked for a second you meant the Stand Alone Complex series.

Thanks for the great link.
Brandon B

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched the season opener of this show last night. The more I watch, the more I feel its actually a pretty decent series. I watch hardly any TV anymore, occasional Mythbusters with my son and the odd Top Gear. This is about the only thing I bother to sit down and keep up with.

Not sure I like it (or any recent TV show) enough to spring for a BD set though. Be interesting to see if they tie it into the upcoming Christian Bale Terminator flick.
Yuri

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you hear about Ghost in the Shell 2.0? Apparently a touched-up reissue of the original, from what I gather.

They're releasing a limited edition soundtrack on SHM-CD (shouldn't that have been Blu-spec CD? ;-) together with a Blu-ray Disc (with the soundtrack in 5.1?) and some other stuff in a deluxe box set.

See http://av.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/20081113/bmgj.htm
Brandon B

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, may check it out next time I am over there.

On the Terminator series, the BD first season set is only $30 at Amazon right now, and is part of their current 3-for2 sale. Pretty good deal.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=pe_20890_10717270_as_img_1/?docId=1000304041&tag=pc02-20
Yuri

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the Chronicles TV series now also Terminator 2 is reissued on BD and the 'Skynet Edition' looks like an interesting showcase title, judging by the trailer shown here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PS3SACD.com Forum Index -> Movies All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: