PS3SACD.com Home

HomeHome   Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Talk Talk: Spirit of Eden vs Colour of Spring

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Seventh Taylor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:13 am    Post subject: Talk Talk: Spirit of Eden vs Colour of Spring Reply with quote

I was quite surprised when I saw these two Talk Talk SACDs (obviously from the same seller, judging by the picture) side by side at the bottom of the page:

Sprit of Eden doing $41.00 and Colour of Spring doing $100. In the meantime, the bids have gone up to $97 and $134.50, respectively.

I guess these SACDs are equally rare in the sense that equal numbers of them have been pressed but I would have expected the former to fetch more than the latter. I feel the music of Spirit of Eden lends itself much better to SACD. Perhaps Colour of Spring is simply more sought-after because the music is more well-known and more accessible?

I bough my copy of SoE in a brick & mortar shop a couple of years ago when both came out and they cost just 20 euro each. Of course I now regret not buying the other one too (or rather, the whole stock Smile) but at that time I really felt CoS had to be in multichannel to interest me.

BTW, Talk Talk's final album, Laughing Stock is perhaps even less accessible and more interesting to hear in multichannel and I've got this tiny sparkle of hope that it may happen one day, if Steven Wilson gets his way like he did with King Crimson. See this thread.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PS3SACD.com Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: