PS3SACD.com Home

HomeHome   Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question about sacd and analog output

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alagondar

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:07 am    Post subject: Question about sacd and analog output Reply with quote

Hello,

I´ve got a question about the analog output on the ps3(60gb). At the moment I´m using the supplied av/cable as sound output. I´ve connected this cable to my rotel amplifier. I´m using a hdmi cable for video output.

What I want to know is:
is the stereo analog output a dsd signal or a converted pcm signal? If it is a pcm signal is it 24 bit and 176Khz?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Alagondar
PS3SACD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's neither DSD nor PCM -- it's analog. DSD and PCM of course are digital signals. But probably you want to know how the signal was converted: directly from DSD or via PCM. That's difficult to tell. If it's PCM then it's surely 24-bit 176.4 kHz.

It may be possible to tell from the D/A converters whether they support DSD or not. If not then we know it must be (hi-res) PCM. It could be that PCM-only DACs are more favourable cost-wise and that Sony therefore chose to convert all DSD to PCM.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PS3SACD.com Forum Index -> Equipment All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: