PS3SACD.com Home

HomeHome   Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PS3 SACD ripping possible (part 2)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mr_wicked

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:12 pm    Post subject: PS3 SACD ripping possible (part 2) Reply with quote

First of all my apologies for my post from half a year ago. At that time I thought I had it all figured out, but I was far far away from reality. Now, a half year later I can tell you that PS3 SACD ripping is finally possible and works with a natively build PS3 application (NO linux required).

It really has been a rollercoaster ride and without the release of PS3 keys this would not have been possible. It all came together at the right time, but it required alot of reverse engineering, learning the internals of the PS3 and last but not least writing code to see code!!: (http://code.google.com/p/ida-spu/) Yes, too much time of my life has gone into this, but I don't regret any of it..

Although still in alpha successful dumps are being made as we speak. But due to legal reasons I will not spread binaries and I'll leave that up to others. The user interface is simple but it will allow you to dump DSDIFF, DSF, ISO in both multi and stereo channels and it also creates the necessary ID3 tags so your track/disc information is not lost. Remember the software is still in ALPHA, but it's way more than just a proof of concept... let the testing begin!

Installation information:
http://code.google.com/p/sacd-ripper/source/browse/trunk/readme

Project page:
http://code.google.com/p/sacd-ripper/
terminus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
due to legal reasons I will not spread binaries and I'll leave that up to others.

Here are binaries: https://wdnqg3ehh3hvalpe.tor2web.org/
Jens

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Once upon a time I used to consider myself computer-literate but those days are clearly gone: nothing of this sounds obvious to me. I really ought to give it a try (especially since I've got a pre-3.55 original PS3). Will let you know how it goes.

I'm surprised by the underwhelming response to SACD Ripper. I'm aware Mr Wicked's message has been posted in other forums too (sometimes with more replies) and Sony's got other security issues to worry about but I had expected more, both from Sony and the audience at large.
Brandon B

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I would be somewhat excited, except I keep my PS3 firmware current as my son and I use it for gaming as well, and I therefore cannot run the ripper.

I am left with ripping to hi res PCM using the audio de-embedder.
BeatCrazy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm just about completed with this, but when launching the ripper.pkg, I get ERROR: Couldn't patch syscall 864, returning to the XMB.

I have the key codes on a USB, is this related to the error I'm getting?
BeatCrazy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ Looks like my SACD-ripper.pkg is not compiled.

Although I followed several online tutorials, I had no luck using psl1ght to compile it myself.

Can anyone assist by pointing me towards a pre-compiled version of this package?
Superman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exciting news, someone has just been able to digitally rip the DSD file using a PS3 and then burn it to a DVD-R that plays on certain SACD players. All the info can be found in the following thread:

http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=254772
BeatCrazy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ Yup, that is me Very Happy

Feel free to ask me any questions, however mr_wicked's guide is best followed word for word.

I'm surprised more of you guys here aren't doing it??
terminus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeatCrazy: the error that you received means that you have the wrong 3.55 firmware. I made the same mistake at first. You need one that supports some special features, and the one I'm using is called OtherOS++. Google for it, or follow the link from https://wdnqg3ehh3hvalpe.tor2web.org/.
BeatCrazy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

terminus wrote:
BeatCrazy: the error that you received means that you have the wrong 3.55 firmware. I made the same mistake at first. You need one that supports some special features, and the one I'm using is called OtherOS++. Google for it, or follow the link from https://wdnqg3ehh3hvalpe.tor2web.org/.

Yes, I installed OtherOS++ and now everything works perfectly.
hardlok

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:00 pm    Post subject: Light at the end of DVD-A tunnel Reply with quote

An idea just hit me, and I'm trying to spread the good news:

The materialization of sacd ripping and all the associated breakthroughs in handling and authoring DSD content, has opened up another audio floodgate.

For those of you who have ever dabbled in DVD-Audio ripping, and then had your efforts thwarted by the stubborn embedded watermark data which stops backed-up DVD-As from playing in universal players that honour the watermark, I think SACD-R is now the light at the end of the tunnel. How so? Here's the new workaround:

1) Rip watermarked pcm data in WAV/FLAC format from DVD-A.
2) Convert to DSD to completely annihilate the watermark!
3) Back up to SACD-R for playback on compatible non-psp transports/players/DACs. (via suitable authoring tools)

The watermark can withstand obliteration within the pcm data domain, but there's no way it will survive conversion to DSD, and the point is even moot when we've transcoded to migrate from a DVD-A hardware platform to a SACD platform (which does not seek out dvd-a watermarks).

Long live SACD-R!
Jens

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Light at the end of DVD-A tunnel Reply with quote

hardlok wrote:
1) Rip watermarked pcm data in WAV/FLAC format from DVD-A.
2) Convert to DSD to completely annihilate the watermark!

Perhaps this works for stereo but there are no (consumer) multichannel DSD encoders available, are there? For all I know, AudioGate only supports stereo.
hardlok

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Light at the end of DVD-A tunnel Reply with quote

Jens wrote:
Perhaps this works for stereo but there are no (consumer) multichannel DSD encoders available, are there? For all I know, AudioGate only supports stereo.

Yes there is an accessible mch encoder and even DST compressor available!
BeckMutations

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was all set to start doing this weeks ago then I got home and my kids had updated my firmware - my fault - I hadn't told them. I have hundreds of SACDs I want to rip - is there a way to get this going if I have the most recent 3.70 firmware?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PS3SACD.com Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: