PS3SACD.com Home

HomeHome   Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

U2 on SACD?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PS3SACD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Seventh Taylor wrote:
Brandon B wrote:
Forgive my ignorance, what's SHM CD?

Super high mmmmmm . . . .?

I actually had to look it up myself. I thought it was some improved mastering process for CD like XRCD but it's actually 'Super High Material CD' so you were right there. It uses some special type of polycarbonate for "more transparency". I guess they took that quite literally.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/music/essentials/shm-cd.html

It sounds to me like snake oil. It's still just a CD! Can't they simply apply this material to SACD and use that as an excuse to re-release all these classic albums -- on SACD? I don't care if they'd call it SHM-SACD...

And now there really is SHM-SACD.
The Seventh Taylor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was three years between The Joshua Tree and Achtung, Baby so (exactly 3 years since my original post) it's now time for a 20-th Anniversary Edition of Achtung Baby. Five even, and they're going completely overboard. Some details (from Musictap):
Quote:
The Uber Deluxe Edition:

A limited, numbered Uber Deluxe Edition is a magnetic puzzle tiled box which will contain: 6 CDs including the original Achtung Baby album, the follow-up album, Zooropa, B-sides and re-workings of previously unheard material recorded during the Achtung Baby sessions. 4 DVDs including ‘From The Sky Down’, ‘Zoo TV:Live From Sydney’, all the videos from Achtung Baby plus bonus material. There will also be 5 clear 7″ vinyl singles in their original sleeves, 16 art prints taken from the original album sleeve, an 84-page hardback book, a copy of Propaganda magazine, 4 badges, a sticker sheet, and a pair of Bono’s trademark ‘The Fly’ sunglasses.

The Super Deluxe Edition:

The Super Deluxe Edition will contain the 6CDs and 4 DVDs, in addition to a 92 page hardback book and 16 art prints in a wallet.

The Deluxe Edition:

2CD set containing the reissue of the original album plus B-sides and rarities.

Standard single CD reissue:

The original album remastered.

In addition, there will be a Vinyl Box set:

a limited release containing 4 LPs, two of which are pressed on translucent blue vinyl containing remixes and B-sides. The box includes a 16 page booklet.

There will be Digital versions provided as well.

Can you believe it? Six CDs and four DVDs but no SACD. Incredible. As if SACDs from a band like U2 wouldn't sell hundreds of thousands.
PS3SACD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most or all of these are now available for pre-order from Amazon:

Arrow Achtung Baby (Uber Deluxe)

Arrow Achtung Baby (Super Deluxe Edition)

Arrow Achtung Baby (2 CD Deluxe Edition)

Arrow Achtung Baby (Remastered CD)

Arrow Achtung Baby (Vinyl Box)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PS3SACD.com Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: