PS3SACD.com Home

HomeHome   Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New PS3 doesn't recognize ANY SACDs of mine

View previous topic :: View next topic  
innhitman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:46 am    Post subject: New PS3 doesn't recognize ANY SACDs of mine Reply with quote

I just bought the new 40GB PS3. Sent in the 5 free BD offer immediately. Bad move. My player does not recognize ANY SACDs unless they are hybrid, then it sees the standard cd track. Now, I can't return or exchange at the store.

Does anyone know if this means my player is defective. It is 3 days old.

Sony says, "send it in" and they will send me a refurb. The techs that answered the phone (twice) didn't even know how to pronounce SACD. So, getting them to diagnose the situation turned out to be useless. They just said, send it in and we'll send you a refurb 10-14 working days AFTER we receive your unit. So, I have had it for 3 days, it does not play sacds and they are promising me a refurb. They stated there is no chance they will repair my unit. They don't repair, they send out refurbs.

I really wish there was another explanation for this.

Help!!!? Smile
PS3SACD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no point in getting it refurbished: the 40GB never has been compatible with SACD.

Check out the FAQ - "Do all PS3s play SA-CD?", the coverage on the home page and this thread about the 40GB PS3.

The only solution is getting a different model. See the PS3 SACD hardware page.

Last edited by PS3SACD on Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
innhitman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.... getting the 80gb version right now... anyone need a 3 day old 40gb? Probably gonna sell it locally or on ebay... maybe for 300... take a hundred dollar los for my stupidity.
The Seventh Taylor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need to be that pessimistic. 40GB PS3s seem to be doing about USD 340 on ebay at the moment.
innhitman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I decided to keep the 40gb... can alwayys use a dvd player in the bedroom... especially one that plays blu ray

By the way, I just hooked up the 80gb... sacds play automatically and flawlessy.... life is good again.. now if Apple can just come out with their sub notebook and iPhone 2 and 3, there will be no stopping me! LOL
culabula

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

innhitman wrote:
Actually I decided to keep the 40gb... can alwayys use a dvd player in the bedroom... especially one that plays blu ray

By the way, I just hooked up the 80gb... sacds play automatically and flawlessy.... life is good again.. now if Apple can just come out with their sub notebook and iPhone 2 and 3, there will be no stopping me! LOL

I second those emotions!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PS3SACD.com Forum Index -> Equipment All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: