PS3SACD.com Home

HomeHome   Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pink Floyd

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brandon B

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 9:57 pm    Post subject: Pink Floyd Reply with quote

Catalog is coming to SACD, amongst other formats:

http://www.floydianslip.com/news/2011/05/emi-announces-massive-floyd-reissuerarity-project/

About time.

Edit: well maybe not. The official site:

http://www.whypinkfloyd.com/

has revised the text to read The comprehensive release schedule kicks off on September 26, 2011, and encompasses CDs, DVDs, Blu-ray discs, an array of digital formats, viral marketing, iPhone Apps and a brand-new single-album 'Best Of' collection. Vinyl editions are also in the works for release

Note the omission of SACD. Crap. I guess there's blu-ray.
PS3SACD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omission? It's there now anyway.
Quote:
Pink Floyd redefine their EMI legacy

May 10, ’11 2:48 PM

Major Pink Floyd release campaign, Why Pink Floyd…?, to include unreleased music from the archives, collectors’ box sets and complete studio recordings remastered.

Pink Floyd and EMI Music, whose association dates from 1967, announce a comprehensive release schedule, to be launched on September 26, 2011, encompassing CDs, DVDs, Blu-ray discs, SACD, an array of digital formats, viral marketing, iPhone Apps and a brand-new single-album ‘Best Of’ collection.

The legendary band, who are still one of the most successful and iconic artists of all time, recently signed an agreement with EMI which has allowed the development of a multi-format programme of packages, many containing archive material that has been collated during an extensive process between EMI and Pink Floyd for a range of media formats.

The releases, under the banner Why Pink Floyd…?, are designed to appeal to a wide cross section of their fans, with music to excite first time listeners, while super-deluxe box sets will cater to dedicated fans, allowing them to immerse themselves in multi-disc sets, containing alternate takes, unreleased tracks, restored live concert screen films and a live recording of the legendary ‘The Dark Side Of The Moon’ performance at Wembley in 1974.

A series of different listening experiences have been specially created for this release: in addition to remastered CDs called ‘Discovery’ and the ‘Immersion’ CD/DVD/Blu-ray/memorabilia box sets will be a series of ‘Experience’ Editions – coupling one classic album with a further disc of related content from that album to offer a deeper listening experience.

Roger Faxon, CEO of EMI Group, said: “This is a unique collaboration between EMI and one of the most creative and influential bands in history. We have worked together for more than a year on this programme which incorporates all the elements that have made Pink Floyd one of the most inspiring forces in modern music. Why Pink Floyd? Because their music is without equal and these exciting new releases will allow music fans to rediscover their incredible legacy and demonstrate that an appreciation for artistic quality never goes out of fashion.”

Storm Thorgerson, the band’s longtime Art Director, has overseen the visual design, including new booklets for all the CDs, new artwork for the box sets and menus for the DVD content. Respected photographer Jill Furmanovsky, has edited books of original unseen photographs. Pink Floyd collaborators James Guthrie (in the US) and Andy Jackson (in the UK) have been in charge of digital remastering to the highest audio and audiovisual standards.

Pink Floyd film archivist Lana Topham has supervised the painstaking restoration of many historic films from Pink Floyd’s classic era, included in the ‘Immersion’ box sets for ‘The Dark Side Of The Moon’ and ‘Wish You Were Here’.

First to be available on 26 September 2011 will be:

Expanded deluxe and special edition versions of Pink Floyd masterwork ‘The Dark Side Of The Moon’, in a 6-disc ‘Immersion’ box set and ‘Experience’ 2-disc versions, as well as a collectors’ vinyl LP and various digital formats. Plus 14 studio albums, digitally remastered will be available separately or as a box set.

Other initiatives will include a digital marketing plan utilising user-generated content to allow fans to make their own creative contributions to the band’s music, plus iPhone Apps which will give a unique insight into Pink Floyd’s recorded legacy.

On 7 November 2011, Phase 2 of the releases will include:

Wish You Were Here ‘Immersion’ 5-disc and ‘Experience’ 2-disc editions, both of which will include bonus material from the band’s 1974 Wembley dates, including a 20-minute tour de force live rendition of ‘Shine On You Crazy Diamond’, as well as a unique recording of ‘Wish You Were Here’ featuring the legendary jazz violinist, Stephane Grappelli. A collectors’ vinyl LP will also be available, as will various digital formats.

Released simultaneously will be ‘A Foot In The Door – The Best Of Pink Floyd’, a collection of their most well known songs, contained on one album for the first time.

The long-awaited 5.1 version of ‘Wish You Were Here’, mixed by James Guthrie, will also be released in parallel via independent label Acoustic Sounds.

‘The Wall’, which has sold 25-million double sets and has become a cultural and political touchstone over the last three decades, will be afforded the same exhaustive treatment on February 27, 2012, with deluxe packages including a 7-disc ‘Immersion’ set and a 3-disc ‘Experience’ edition. A collectors’ vinyl LP will also be available, as will various digital formats.

Pink Floyd’s official website, www.pinkfloyd.com, will be given a substantial relaunch from today. Pink Floyd’s FaceBook page now has over 11 million followers.

September 26:
All 14 remastered studio albums ‘Discovery’ editions
Box-set of all 14 albums with photo book
Audio downloads of ‘Discovery’ albums and box-set
‘The Dark Side of The Moon’ – ‘Immersion’ and ‘Experience’ editions, Vinyl LP and digital editions

November 7:
‘A Foot In The Door -The Best of Pink Floyd‘
‘Wish You Were Here’ – ‘Immersion’ and ‘Experience’ editions, Vinyl LP and digital editions

February 27 2012:
‘The Wall’ – ‘Immersion’ and ‘Experience’ editions, Vinyl LP and digital editions

Also see http://www.ps3sacd.com/index.html#_20110510
Brandon B

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And to further confuse things, just went and look at the whypinkfloyd site again this moment, and NOW it says:

Quote:
The comprehensive release schedule kicks off on September 26, 2011, and encompasses CDs, DVDs, Blu-ray discs, an SACD, an array of digital formats, viral marketing, iPhone Apps and a brand-new single-album 'Best Of' collection. Vinyl editions are also in the works for release in due course.

AN SACD? What does that mean, only 1 album will get the SACD treatment?

Methinks there are several parties here not sure of what the other have planned and they're having trouble clarifying.

Guess we'll find out in a few months. I'm certainly up for WYWH, The Wall, ANimals, and a few other on SACD.
PS3SACD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazon UK has created a dedicated page for the "Why Pink Floyd?" album reissue program, listing all the Discovery, Experience, and Immersion collections and the like.

Arrow http://amzn.to/l2VJLo

Amazon.com does not seem to have a similar page but we'll report it when we find it.
samiz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:29 am    Post subject: Thanks for information. Reply with quote

Thanks for information about Pink Floyd. I am great fan of pink Floyd band. Most of the time I use to listen hard rock music. "Another brick in the wall" is the personal favorite song of mine. Besides that money, time and mother are some well-known songs of Pink Floyd band. Whenever I play the song of Pink Floyd in my home theater systems, I feel very cool and relaxed. After reading pink Floyd redefines their EMI legacy, I came to know about pink Floyd campaign. Thank you so much for information.
Brandon B

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WYWH is available for preorder for $35 at Acoustic Sounds:

http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/77001/Pink_Floyd-Wish_You_Were_Here-Hybrid_Multichannel_SACD

I think this may be an exclusive in the US, doesn't seem to be cropping up anywhere else.
PS3SACD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No trace of it on Amazon.com yet (nor om Amazon.co.uk for that matter) Sad
PS3SACD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears Acoustic Sounds have some (temporary) exclusivity window on this SACD. No idea yet for how long but will let you know as soon as we've figured this out and EMI makes it available elsewhere, i.e. through our affiliate sites.
Brandon B

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone heard any of these yet?

I have finally gotten a new DAC/ADC unit, and so have taken to digitizing my vinyl, making me a bit less likely to rebuy my Floyd stuff, but I might make an exception for WYWH if it is a really good surround mix.
The Seventh Taylor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not yet, but I've read the (5.1) demo at Rocky Mountain Audio Fest was "nothing less than astonishing".
Brandon B

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well WYWH is out on SACD, but not on Amazon yet.
PS3SACD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still not on Amazon.com but positively on Amazon.de as of this week.

See http://www.ps3sacd.com/index.html#_20111115
PS3SACD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And eventually onto Amazon.com:

http://www.ps3sacd.com/index.html#_20111125

or directly http://amzn.to/WYWHSACD

(Still not on CD Japan but we'll keep you posted)
The Seventh Taylor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an interesting write-up about the launch of the WYWH SACD at last month's RMAF.

(Lot of 4-letter acronyms here :)

http://www.pinkfloydz.com/wywhsacd.htm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PS3SACD.com Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: