PS3SACD.com Home

HomeHome   Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PS3 + Sony BDP-480 + Pioneer VSX32-Elite play SACD?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mariokor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: PS3 + Sony BDP-480 + Pioneer VSX32-Elite play SACD? Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes Hi evrybody,
As I am new here and also new on SACD knowledge a have a question . Maybe someone can help me:
I have a PS3 250gb model CECH-2001B, not SACD compatible
Sony BDP-480, SACD compatible
Audi Video receiver Pioneer VSX-32 Elite, dont know about compatibility

With this equipment will I be able to play SACDīs with full quality?

Thanks for the help!!!
Brandon B

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on your definition of full quality.

The Pioneer you list will accept both DSD (native SACD) and PCM from the SACD compatible PS3 over HDMI, however the PS3 only outputs PCM which it converts from the DSD data on the disk.

There are a few who argue that conversion of DSD to PCM before the digital to analog conversion causes a very small loss of sound quality. I do not fall into that camp however, and found my PS3 to be an excellent SACD player prior to its demise.

So yes, IMO. Use HDMI though. You will not be getting decent quality through any other route.
mariokor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Brandom B,
Thanks for your answer .
As I posted, my PS3 is shown as not compatible with SACD, so I bought another Blu-ray +dvd+cd player, SONY BDP-S480, wich is SACD compatible, so I am going to place my SACDīs to play in this one, not on my PS3, and using HDMI connection to my Pioneer AV Receiver VSX32-Elite, and this will send sound to my JBL ES90 Fronts, ES25C center, ES30 surroundīs...
I did not find information on my receiverīs manual about being DSD compatible, and as I said, my knowledge about this matter is almos ZERO,
So I want to confirm that, with these equipment, I will be able to hear SACD as it shoul be played and heard.
Thank you very much for your attention and hope to hear from you or someone else soon. Very Happy
Yuri

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mariokor wrote:
I did not find information on my receiverīs manual about being DSD compatible, and as I said, my knowledge about this matter is almos ZERO,
So I want to confirm that, with these equipment, I will be able to hear SACD as it shoul be played and heard.

Brandon is right -- either you'll have DSD or you'll have something at a comparable resolution. Either way it's going to sound great.

If you want to make sure you're hearing the music it was meant to be, considering taking a multichannel sertup.
mariokor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Yuri,
I will try multichannel setup....
In a few days I will post here how did it sound, right now lot of work Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PS3SACD.com Forum Index -> Equipment All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: