PS3SACD.com Home

HomeHome   Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question about burning SACD ISOs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark7

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Question about burning SACD ISOs Reply with quote

I have a Yamaha BD-A1010 SACD player. When I burn a SACD .iso file to a DVD-R and pop it into my player, the SACD indicator, which is supposed to light up when an SACD is played, does NOT light up. Furthermore, I cannot switch between the standard CD layer and the SACD layer on a hybrid disc.

Does that mean I have burned the .iso in a wrong way? Perhaps I should burn it to a Dual Layer DVD? Or is it that these backed-up ISOs do not contain all the layers of an original disc?

Thank you for any help clearing this out.
Jens

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burning an SACD's disc image (in ISO format) onto a blank DVD does not make an SACD but rather a 'DSD Disc', I reckon, and there are very few SACD players that accept DSD Disc formats (two Sony's come to mind) -- as long as you don't count the 64M+ PS3s out there, because they do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PS3SACD.com Forum Index -> Equipment All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: