PS3SACD.com Home

HomeHome   Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SACD playback on sony S-590

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scooter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: SACD playback on sony S-590 Reply with quote

I have a Sony S590 bd Will a sacd eithermulti/ch or stereo be outputted from the hdmi cable or do i have to use the optical/digital connector? Sad
PS3SACD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Re: SACD playback on sony S-590 Reply with quote

scooter wrote:
I have a Sony S590 bd Will a sacd either multi/ch or stereo be outputted from the hdmi cable or do i have to use the optical/digital connector? Sad

The optical and coaxial digital connection will only output Red Book audio (CD standard) and formats like Dolby and DTS. For output from SACD (in SACD quality) you can use HDMI only. Depending on the receiver's capabilities, output will be DSD or PCM, up to 5.1ch 24-bit 176.4 kHz.
scooter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every time i put a SACD in the player i get this error with a yellow exclaimation point saying: no sound output form the HDMI cable. All other formats play fine.I've been through the settins, PCM & DSD[ nothing seems to work.color=orange][/color]
Brandon B

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is the error appearing (player or receiver) and what SACD are you trying to play?
scooter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is from the 590's output,doesent matter if i have a 2 channel or multi channnel SACD only. I have a denon avr- 1513 reciever.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PS3SACD.com Forum Index -> Equipment All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: