PS3SACD.com Home

HomeHome   Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with PlayStation 3 (SACD ripping)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DanielF

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:19 am    Post subject: Help with PlayStation 3 (SACD ripping) Reply with quote

I'm looking for PS3/SACD-ripper owners with more experience than me, to help with a problem that has occurred with my setup...

I have a PS3 running OtherOS++3.55, and I had SACD-ripper 0.21 installed and working (in the past). Recently I purchased a 32GB thumb drive and formatted it FAT32 specifically for use with the PS3 (I previously found the PS3/SACD-ripper wouldn't recognise anything larger). But when I went to do an SACD rip recently, I found that SACD-ripper wouldn't recognise this new thumb drive.

Thinking a later version of SACD-ripper might have more luck, I went searching for a later version. Sadly I've been unable to find a download site for a compiled SACD-ripper v0.36, which I believe is the lates/last. But I did find another (unidentified) version that seemed to have a later build date than v0.21.

So I tried installing that 'new' version on the PS3 (it said installation completed OK), but when I went to run it I get only an empty black screen. The PS3 is still putting out video (my TV says 1080p), but it's completely black. As well as the blank screen, the PS3 was locked-up – a long press of the controller's PS button wouldn't bring up the turn-off menu, and I had to do a long press of the power touch-button. I tried reinstalling the 'original' (v0.21) SACD-ripper (which also said it installed successfully), but now get the same result.

Two things I don't know (well, there are many things I don't know, but these two are particularly relevant! Smile is whether I need to include the 'keys' each time I do a re-install of SACD-ripper, and whether the set of keys somehow 'goes with' a particular version of SACD-ripper (I've found two different key archive files so far).

I went so far as to reinstall OtherOS++3.55 in case it had somehow been corrupted, and I also tried the PS3's reset to default option, but still no joy. The other 'foreign' game on this PS3, MultiMAN, also no longer works and produces the same blank screen and lock-up. (I don't use this machine for anything but SACD ripping, so don't have any 'real' games I could test.)

Can anybody point me in the right direction to fix this problem, even if it still leaves me with SACD-ripper v0.21? (Though I would prefer v0.36 if anyone has a compiled copy they can send me – pls contact via PM). Heeeeelllpppp!!!!
Brandon B

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not have an answer for you, but there is not a lot of traffic here about SACD ripping. There is, however a ton over at audio circle in the "hires" circle. Have you asked there?

http://www.audiocircle.com/
DanielF

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brandon B wrote:
... there is not a lot of traffic here about SACD ripping.

Brandon,

I must say I'm flabbergasted! For a forum titled 'PS3SACD', where Mr Wicked first announced his wonderful SACD-ripper breakthrough, to not have much discussion on SACD ripping is really curious! Confused

Anyway, thanks for pointing this out to me, and I've taken up your suggestion and joined the audiocircle group.

Rgds,
PS3SACD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DanielF wrote:
I must say I'm flabbergasted! For a forum titled 'PS3SACD', where Mr Wicked first announced his wonderful SACD-ripper breakthrough, to not have much discussion on SACD ripping is really curious! Confused

Well, the forum wasn't set up to discuss SACD ripping as such -- that technique didn't exist until some 3 years after PS3 and this site launched. It's simply for all SACD matters related to PS3 but that has turned out to be a very niche special interest, and the advent of SACD ripping hasn't changed that. Instead, other A/V sites with far more visitors have proven to have the ciritical mass needed to carry such discussions.
DanielF

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:12 am    Post subject: Help with PlayStation 3 (SACD ripping) Reply with quote

OK, I understand now. Thank you both for your help and clarification.

With most audiophiles these days streaming music from a server, the subset of those not doing that and just playing discs in a PS3 must indeed be a small niche.

Nothing wrong with that – makes for a 'cosy' forum, where no doubt everyone knows everyone else.

Have fun.
DanielF

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: Help with PlayStation 3 (SACD ripping) Reply with quote

Thanks again, Brandon, for referring me to the Audio Circle forum. Lots more SACD ripping activity there, as you said, though no solution to my problem.

But I plugged away and fixed my PS3 anyway, though not sure exactly how. Confused If anyone's interested, details at:
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=95396.new
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PS3SACD.com Forum Index -> Equipment All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: