PS3SACD.com Home

HomeHome   Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Long overdue update -- news coverage is back

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PS3SACD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:58 am    Post subject: Long overdue update -- news coverage is back Reply with quote

Dear readers,

As you'll probably have noticed, the news page of this site had not seen an update since the coverage of CES, January 2013. No, I had not abandoned this project but daytime job, family support and a side project dealing with '4K' Ultra-High Definition video made it unfeasible to maintain this service in the same way like before. Instead, news updates via Twitter were all that remained -- and even those disappeared from the front page when the original Twitter widget stopped working as a result of the transition from API 1.0 to 1.1.

It's taken a while but I have now caught up with the news almost to the extent I would have liked to.

Ever since shortly after the DAC update of November 2012 I've been wanting to publish a further update. Originally planned for year-end 2012, this one is still due and the list just keeps on growing as DSD DACs suddenly get produced at an astonishing rate. Hopefully still here before year-end 2013. In the meantime, here is an alternative list.

Not yet covered either: News from IFA, CEDIA and RMAF, although nearly all interesting news fell into the category DSD playback...

Also still due is PS4 coverage, although this thread as well as the Twitter feed covers the new console to a limited extent, and news of PS3 firmware upgrades.

What is here in the meantime is the following: Now all that's left, besides what's mentioned above, is to update other pages like DSD downloads, DSD resources, the SACD/BD player overview. Plus long-running ideas like making the music page more clickable. And maybe create a dedicated page for SHM-SACDs. And for High-Fidelity Pure Audio Blu-Day Discs. And I could go on. You see, there are just too few hours in every day.

Thanks for checking back here. Hoping to see you all around again more often in the foreseeable future.
Brandon B

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:18 am    Post subject: Re: Long overdue update -- news coverage is back Reply with quote

PS3SACD wrote:
Yes on SACD and Yes on 5.1 DVD-Audio

Got my attention. Thanks for the heads up.
PS3SACD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS4 news is now pretty much covered, as far as the relevant bits are concerned. (There are plenty of videogame sites covering the rest.)

See Arrow PlayStation 4: No audio support?

(and discussion here: PS4 format logos

and earlier here: PS4 speculation)

Also resumed now are updates of the RSS feed. Sorry for missing out on that with the previous update.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PS3SACD.com Forum Index -> Equipment All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: