PS3SACD.com Home

HomeHome   Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Playing SACDs on a SONY BDP-S270

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blakean

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:32 am    Post subject: Playing SACDs on a SONY BDP-S270 Reply with quote

Hello!

I have just received a Sony BDP-S270 and have realized that it plays SACD discs. However, it automatically chooses the multichannel layer when available, and my receiver seems to have a problem reading it (although it plays the 2-CH layer just fine).

How do you change between the layers of a SACD with this model? Apparently it's not even officially supported, but I thought that if it plays the discs, it should also be able to perform a simple task like switching between the layers.

If anyone has this particular model, or has had a similar problem, I would appreciate this info.

On a related note, is there any particular reason why my LG surround receiver (TS913ES) outputs the multichannel in a tinny, distorted manner? It plays the 5.1 surround on blurays on the same Sony player through the same HDMI cable just fine!

Thanks!
Brandon B

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking through the manual

https://docs.sony.com/release/BDPS270.pdf

It doesn't even mention SACD support, so of course it does not mention how one would set stereo as a preference.

Are you sure it is playing the SACD multichannel layer, and not just the stereo CD layer with pro logic applied or something? It is really weird that it would play SACD and NOT list support for it, as it requires some dedicated hardware software that wouldn't end up in the player by accident.
The Seventh Taylor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as also I can see, the 270 is below the range of players that support SACD.

If it really does play the SACD layer, perhaps the bitrate it outputs is too high for the reiver to handle?

See the troubleshooting guide.

Let us know how you're faring.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PS3SACD.com Forum Index -> Equipment All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: