PS3SACD.com Home

HomeHome   Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Peter Gabriel on Surround Sound

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Seventh Taylor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:10 pm    Post subject: Peter Gabriel on Surround Sound Reply with quote

It's a recent interview (published December 21, 2007) so it's more about the Genesis material than his solo albums but also about surround sound in general.

http://bitstream.soundandvisionmag.com/blog/2007/12/more-gabriel-mo.html#more

Great to see an artist like Peter Gabriel pushing for more daring use of the rear channels rather than just enhanced stereo!
dannyjl

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good read - thanks for the link. It still leaves me wondering why only 1 of his 9 SACD disks is in multi-channel sound. I do have that one, "Up", and while it sounds great it is my least favorite of all his work to dark. Ashame he didn't release more 5.1.
The Seventh Taylor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed -- I'd blindly order Us and So if he'd release them on multichannel SACD, also a live album like Secret World Live, and wouldn't hesitate too long before ordering his first four albums.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PS3SACD.com Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: