PS3SACD.com Home

HomeHome   Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Newbie looking to play 24bit 96hz audio files on PS3..

View previous topic :: View next topic  
justin138

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:52 am    Post subject: Newbie looking to play 24bit 96hz audio files on PS3.. Reply with quote

Hi, there.

I'm trying to play some 24-bit 96hz audio files (.FLAC and .WAV) on my Playstation 3 since my PC's soundcard is too low end to play these.

Is there any way I could achieve this? So far I'm looking at two options to maintain the 24/96 nature;

1.) Burning my own DSD disc - you can do this on any conventional DVD-R/DVD+R burner, correct?

2.) Burning my own DVD-Video-compatible disc.

3.) Through using a file manager to transfer the files in .WAV format to the PS3 HDD, then play them back from there?

What do you guys think?

Thank you!
PS3SACD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't tried it yet but here are some quick answers:

1. Yes, this should work. Technically it's still a DVD, not an SACD. You'll need to convert the sound into DSD, however.

2. If the sound is multichannel it's not going to work on PS3 because that would consitute a DVD-Audio disc. If the 96kHz 24bit audio file stereo, it probably still needs (dummy) video with it to be DVD-Video-compliant. Not sure to what extent authoting packages support this.

3. The question probably is: what file manager to use?
justin138

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I got it working. I used this software; http://www.audio-dvd-creator.com/ , which was pretty junky .. but it got the job done and did what I wanted it to (had options to choose exactly what range I wanted the audio to be encoded at).

I had to convert my file (which was in .FLAC format) to .WAV using the newest version of dbpoweramp before I could import them into that program, though.

The PS3 played back the file, the top bar displayed that it was playing at 24/96 -- mission accomplished!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PS3SACD.com Forum Index -> Equipment All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: