PS3SACD.com Home

HomeHome   Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

can the oppo 980 convert stereo to multichannel?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
buckshot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: can the oppo 980 convert stereo to multichannel? Reply with quote

i'm listening to CCR's willy and the poor boys rght now. its listed as only a stereo mix, but i'm getting the sound of 5.1. does my oppo player convert the stereo sacd into multichannel or am i going crazy?
FunkyMonkey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: can the oppo 980 convert stereo to multichannel? Reply with quote

buckshot wrote:
i'm listening to CCR's willy and the poor boys rght now. its listed as only a stereo mix, but i'm getting the sound of 5.1. does my oppo player convert the stereo sacd into multichannel or am i going crazy?

Are you listneing through receiver or an amp? How is it connected to your Oppo? HDMI or analogue or optical?
buckshot

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: can the oppo 980 convert stereo to multichannel? Reply with quote

FunkyMonkey wrote:
Are you listneing through receiver or an amp? How is it connected to your Oppo? HDMI or analogue or optical?

i have it connected to my onkyo tx sr605 via hdmi.
Superman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:59 pm    Post subject: Re: can the oppo 980 convert stereo to multichannel? Reply with quote

buckshot wrote:

There is no surround layer on that SACD. Either your player or your receiver is applying some audio processing to create an artificial 5.1 mix. Most likely your receiver is taking the Oppo's 2 channel PCM output and applying something like DTS:Neo or Dolby Prologic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PS3SACD.com Forum Index -> Equipment All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: