PS3SACD.com Home

HomeHome   Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Nine Inch Nails album issued as 320-kbps MP3 and FLAC

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Seventh Taylor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:09 am    Post subject: New Nine Inch Nails album issued as 320-kbps MP3 and FLAC Reply with quote

A far more audiophile approach than Radiohead's, obviously.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/03/03/nine_inch_nails_album_released_online/

I just hope this doesn't mean we're not going to see any 5.1 mixes of Ghosts I-IV like the Downward Spiral SACD.

Last edited by The Seventh Taylor on Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:20 am; edited 1 time in total
buckshot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isn't he releasing this on blu ray audio as well? with some insanely awesome resolution. i'm not a huge nin's fan, but that may be worth getting in my opinion.

edit:
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=1071
there's the info i got.
The Seventh Taylor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's great news. Too bad the news item doesn't mention anything about a multichannel mix. Let's hope the BD will have one.

Not so great (for Trent) is the fact that apparently most 'fans' are cheapskates who aren't even prepared to pay the bargain price of $5 for the premium version of the album and download it for free from P2P networks.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/03/04/reznor_gift_spurned/

EDIT: I checked NIN's website and it specifically mentions "high-definition 96/24 stereo" :(
mister_playboy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool... just ordered the $75 dollar setup, as the $300 one is sold out.

Shipping is another $15... but Trent is one of my favorite artists, so I can handle it.

I liked Year Zero quite a bit more than With Teeth, and I have high expectations for this.
D-Mode 5.1

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Already here's NIN's next album, The Slip, and again they're (he's?) giving it away for free in a range of formats including lossless and high-resolution!

http://www.livedaily.com/news/14149.html
mister_playboy

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Deluxe version just arrived this morning... looks smashing! I'll have to give the Blu-ray discs a listen once I get back home.

I am listening to The Slip right now in FLAC, as the 96/24 torrent hasn't finished yet.

Whatever you think of Trent's music, I think the way he's going about this is very intriguing. I hope it is the beginning of something new in the music world.
D-Mode 5.1

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At AVS Forum there's this tip how to turn the 24-bit/96-kHz stereo WAV files into a disc that plays on PS3 (and regular DVD-Video players):

Use 'Audio DVD Creator' to make a DVD.

Apparently features include importing of 96kHz/24bits WAV files and converting them is not necessary.

Because the files are not multichabbel but stereo 24-bit/96-kHz, which is supported by the DVD-Video standard, you don't need to make an (incompatible) DVD-Audio disc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PS3SACD.com Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: