PS3SACD.com Home

HomeHome   Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

JVC RXD-401 or RXD-411 and SACD

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BBowermaster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: JVC RXD-401 or RXD-411 and SACD Reply with quote

Hello all,
I was just curious if the RXD-401 or RXD-411 will process the SACD PCM from the Playstation 3? I like the look of these streamlined receivers and can get one factory refurbished for cheap.

Thanks.
Brandon B

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There seem to be a lot of complaints about if everywhere I look on the internet. If you are still keen on it, the user manual is here and will contain the answer to your question:

http://www.retrevo.com/support/JVC-RX-D401SJ-Receivers-manual/id/315dj196/t/2/
BBowermaster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already have the RXD302 and love it and haven't had any problems, its just not HDMI.

Edit: I read the manual closer and noticed it only accepts up to 96khz 5.1. Guess thats out. I'll just get the Onkyo 605 and deal with the larger 'footprint'
FunkyMonkey

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBowermaster wrote:
I already have the RXD302 and love it and haven't had any problems, its just not HDMI.

Edit: I read the manual closer and noticed it only accepts up to 96khz 5.1. Guess thats out. I'll just get the Onkyo 605 and deal with the larger 'footprint'

Don't despair - I only output the PS3 SACD stream at 88.1kHz. This allow smy Onkyo to use Audyssey - what I lose in the SACD data, I gain in the Audyssey processing.

That is to say, if the JVC "only" handles up to 96kHz PCM, but has some sort of room acoustic treatment, the sound may be better than the full 176.4kHz SACD->PCM signal!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PS3SACD.com Forum Index -> Equipment All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: