PS3SACD.com Home

HomeHome   Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

So I'm screwed???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pablovi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: So I'm screwed??? Reply with quote

I bought a PS3 Bundled with MGS4, it was the 40GB one.

So I won't be able to play SACD? at all?

This sucks.

I'm liking this console less and less every time.

So, there is no way to make it play SACD?

Thanks in advanced.
PS3SACD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct. The only way you can play SACDs on the 40GB PS3 is playing the CD layer of hybrid SACD discs, but that's no better than playing a regular CD (even though on PS3 that can sound pretty good).
dieroboter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least you've got the game of the year. ..

Try to enjoy your new console, it's still a great machine Wink
pablovi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your replies.

I wish I knew that before buying it, I would have bought a compatible one.

I don't play CD's on the PS3, I have a dedicated stereo system (Pre and amp) for that, but I wanted to experience a multi channel system. I guess I would have to buy a universal player. I bought the PS3 because I thought it was a universal player, that's what I have been reading in Audio and video forums, but I never thought only some of the PS3 would be like that and the rest, specially the new ones, will have less features.

Well, it's my fault for not knowing what I was really buying. And I can't sell it, since I haven't even paid it (12 payments). But I guess I will have to buy a universal player again, I still need an upscaling DVD that will play all the regions.

Thanks again. and nice web site! I wish I've found it sooner.

My reason for buying it, was getting a BR player with a universal player(DVD, CD, SACD). And I love the BR, I have owned the Ps3 for 3 weeks and I already have 16 BR films and only 2 games.

PS: Yeah I like the MGS series a lot, and that was my other reason for buying it, but I haven't played it yet, just the first episode, it seems extremely difficult for me, I guess I just have to get used to it, but I haven't played it in 2 weeks.
FunkyMonkey

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pablovi wrote:
I don't play CD's on the PS3, I have a dedicated stereo system (Pre and amp) for that, but I wanted to experience a multi channel system
Well, it's my fault for not knowing what I was really buying. And I can't sell it, since I haven't even paid it (12 payments). But I guess I will have to buy a universal player again, I still need an upscaling DVD that will play all the regions.
My reason for buying it, was getting a BR player with a universal player(DVD, CD, SACD). And I love the BR, I have owned the Ps3 for 3 weeks and I already have 16 BR films and only 2 games.

You mention surround - what receiver have you got?
pablovi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FunkyMonkey wrote:

You mention surround - what receiver have you got?

I have an old(1.5 years old) Onkyo 604 receiver, it's 2 generations old, but it does do PCM multichannel via HDMI. That's the one I got for the TV.
For Stereo I have a bottom of the line Rotel pre and amp, but that's in another room.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PS3SACD.com Forum Index -> Equipment All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: