PS3SACD.com Home

HomeHome   Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SA-CD on eBay

View previous topic :: View next topic  
culabula

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: SA-CD on eBay Reply with quote

Since the PS3 has come out, I've been enthused all over again about SA-CD, listening to them every day and enjoying them much more than I ever did on my previous 2 dedicated players. Consequently I've been buying a lot of older titles again on eBay.

The annoying thing is that half the time, it's a CD these people are selling and not an SA-CD at all -something you only discover when it arrives through the door. This is because sellers are using stock information all the time to describe their goods and not paying attention to what they are actually selling.

What can be done about this?
The Seventh Taylor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean. Recently I did a search on ebay for 'Groove Armada SACD' and I came across an item that used the SACD description provided by ebay but at least the seller had noticed and been so kind to put the terms "not SACD" in the title (but of course the title still matched my keywords).

The only things I think you can do are
- not trust sellers when they use this predefined info about SACDs
- doublecheck by sending them a message
- if you've already bought it I think you can claim your money back when the goods don't match the description, even if they don't offer a return policy.*
- if you can't claim the money back then 'punish' the seller by leaving negative feedback for providing false object data.

* I've been selling some SACDs and had no issues with those but for some of the posters I've sold the buyers have asked refunds because of claimed non-delivery. If, as a seller, you don't provide satisfactory response the buyer automatically gets the money back. I'm not sure if it also works for goods not conforming to the description but I expect so.
The Seventh Taylor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case anyone got attracted to this ad for Texas' Careful What You Wish For on SACD: I emailed the seller, who answered
Quote:
don't know if it is the super one, this one has 12 tracks

I need not say any more, do I?
Brandon B

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reply and tell him SACDs can be identified as the hole in the middle is square.
The Seventh Taylor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe... I'd be afraid if they saw the prices actual SACDs trade for we'd start seeing lots of RBCDs with square holes on eBay...
The Seventh Taylor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another week, another faulty listing of the same album.

At least in this case the seller replies "Oh my goodness im sorry i didnt relise there was a difference it will be only a regular version sorry."
The Seventh Taylor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And another one...

In reply to my query,
dah678345 wrote:
As far as I can tell, it is just the regular version. Was unaware of what SACD meant. I used info supplied by ebay in the template. Apologies for this however I did not know SACD even existed. Let me know if you want to withdrawal your bid.

It wasn't me who bid. I guess if I hadn't had so many disappointing erroneous listings already the GBP 0.99 starting price would have made me suspicious: if the seller really knew what he was talking about he's surely ask a far higher price.
D-Mode 5.1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case anyone's interested, there's a clearly genuine copy (non-stock picture of Super Jewel Box with appropriate SACD sticker included) of Groove Armada's Vertigo on offer now here
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PS3SACD.com Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: