PS3SACD.com Home

HomeHome   Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help needed after 2.41 update

View previous topic :: View next topic  
culabula

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Help needed after 2.41 update Reply with quote

First the good news: SA-CD and BR/DVD still work. BUT -no sound is now output from CD playback nor from albums stored on the HD in AAC or MP3 format.

Crazy stuff and I am stumped. can anyone assist?
The Seventh Taylor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No clue what the problem is (or rather the solution), but which output stopped working for CD -- analog, HDMI, or both?
culabula

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh sorry, I only use HDMI out (for SA-CD, etc).

Everything was fine until this most recent update. Sound is clearly still present as SA-CD and movies work but it is totally dead where CD and MP3 are concerned.
culabula

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorted!
The Seventh Taylor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what did the trick?
FunkyMonkey

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No doubt he had some options ticked. People find it less trouble to get onto the internet than check the menus in the PS3!
Razz Rolling Eyes
culabula

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, fraid not....am very PS3-savvy. The fault was eventually traced to the amp which for reasons that are as yet unclear had its speakers' A/B button set to B instead of A. How this happened while away for 7 days in France I am unsure and since I live alone (with 20k CDs) I can only put it down to poltergeists. I never touch the amp as all functions are carried out by remote control, but once I cicked the button, beautiful music flowed once more.

Hooray.
FunkyMonkey

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

culabula wrote:
Nope, fraid not....am very PS3-savvy. The fault was eventually traced to the amp which for reasons that are as yet unclear had its speakers' A/B button set to B instead of A. How this happened while away for 7 days in France I am unsure and since I live alone (with 20k CDs) I can only put it down to poltergeists. I never touch the amp as all functions are carried out by remote control, but once I cicked the button, beautiful music flowed once more.

Hooray.

Embarassed Oh, sorry. it was not a personal attack, but from past experience, I find that people are generally lazy about checkign their PS3 settings.

Anyway, I don't understand how the A/B settings would affect which source plays and which does not. Question
culabula

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wasn't a question of what would play, just output. A has speakers connected (front), B doesn't. I noticed that although BD and SA-CD playback was there, the sound wasn't right. Turns out that the fronts were missing all along. Change to 2-channel source and there was nothing at all. What I had been hearing on multi-channel were the two surrounds, two back surrounds, sub and centre.

So all's well that ends well Smile It was just a coincidence that this happened in the wake of 2.41.
FunkyMonkey

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

culabula wrote:
It wasn't a question of what would play, just output. A has speakers connected (front), B doesn't. I noticed that although BD and SA-CD playback was there, the sound wasn't right. Turns out that the fronts were missing all along. Change to 2-channel source and there was nothing at all. What I had been hearing on multi-channel were the two surrounds, two back surrounds, sub and centre.

So all's well that ends well Smile It was just a coincidence that this happened in the wake of 2.41.

Ah, understand now. You confused me, with, "Sound is clearly still present as SA-CD and movies work but it is totally dead where CD and MP3 are concerned."

Anyway, I've done that before on my 2 channel marantz amp. Turns out the 'poltergeist' were my kids (toddlers as they were then). Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PS3SACD.com Forum Index -> Equipment All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: