PS3SACD.com Home

HomeHome   Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

160 GB PS3 coming to Europe

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PS3SACD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject: 160 GB PS3 coming to Europe Reply with quote

As reported on our home page, SCEE has announced a 160 GB PS3 at € 449 for release in October.

No details divulged about SACD or PS2 compatibility. Anyone who spots such specifications, please post it here or drop us an email.

Also the official typenumber (CEC...) for this SKU is something we're after -- as for the new NTSC 80 GB SKU, by the way.
Jens

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny the title of the press release is "Store twice as much on your PLAYSTATION®3", considering the 80GB unit was never released in Europe.

BTW, the Wikipedia table suggests the 160 GB model will also be released in the US, and neither model would be SACD or PS2-compatible. Not sure what those statements are based on.
PS3SACD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That must be based on this SCEA information:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/08/20/live-from-leipzig-north-american-hardware-announcements/

We'll assume the 160 GB NTSC and PAL models share the same specs with respect to SACD and PS2 game support.
Brandon B

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

November will also see an interesting keyboard attachment for the sixaxis and dual shock controllers:

http://arstechnica.com/journals/thumbs.ars/2008/08/20/behold-sonys-wireless-keypad-for-the-ps3-smartphone
PS3SACD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently the 160GB unit will not make it to Australia (according to this IGN coverage), as opposed to the new 80GB model (see this thread).
mister_playboy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brandon B wrote:
November will also see an interesting keyboard attachment for the sixaxis and dual shock controllers:

http://arstechnica.com/journals/thumbs.ars/2008/08/20/behold-sonys-wireless-keypad-for-the-ps3-smartphone

Interesting, but I'd much rather use a fullsize keyboard. Of course, with newer PS3 having only 2 USB ports rather than 4 like my original 60GB, I suppose there is more need for something like this.

Certainly better than having to enter text with the virtual keyboard as I have to do on my Xbox 360... quite a pain given the horrid nature of the D-pad on that controller!
Jens

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mister_playboy wrote:
Interesting, but I'd much rather use a fullsize keyboard. Of course, with newer PS3 having only 2 USB ports rather than 4 like my original 60GB, I suppose there is more need for something like this.

Perhaps they can use a PS/2 keyboard? Mr. Green

Quote:
Certainly better than having to enter text with the virtual keyboard as I have to do on my Xbox 360... quite a pain given the horrid nature of the D-pad on that controller!

But then again there is the Xbox360 'qwerty thumb keyboard'?

See http://www.engadget.com/2007/04/09/xbox-360s-qwerty-thumb-keyboard-is-official/
Brandon B

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The purpose of this is not to replace keyboard use, it is for activities where you need a controller and keyboard, like in the upcoming Home for instance.

Remains to be seen how easy it is to use at the same time you are manipulating the control sticks and buttons.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PS3SACD.com Forum Index -> Equipment All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: