PS3SACD.com Home

HomeHome   Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Genesis 1970-75 the final SACD rock release?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PS3SACD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, thanks for noting that.

You may also follow this link (to Amazon.co.uk):

Genesis - 1970-1975: /+6 DVD [SACD] [Box set] [Hybrid SACD]

£94.99, to be released on November 10, 2008.
dannyjl

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody got these yet? Several of the stores state they are waiting on stock - or is this yet another release delay?
The Seventh Taylor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't ordered a copy yet but I've read posts from people on other message boards who already got their box set in the mail or bought it in a B&M store.
dieroboter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to get Selling England, The Lamb and Foxtrot. Are the albums also available separately? (Hybrid PAL versions..)

EDIT: OK, I've taken a look at the Genesis Remasters page here. The Lamb is out of stock at Amazon.com. Anyway, I prefer a european shop... i'll keep searching.
Brandon B

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be curious if anyone has the recent CD remasters and gets these to hear an opinion on the improvement. I have Selling England by the Pound and The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway in those editions, as well as every album in this set in British vinyl (Charisma), so I don't have a burning need for them, but on the other hand my choices for expanding my SACD collection are so limited, it's hard to resist.
PS3SACD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dieroboter wrote:
I would like to get Selling England, The Lamb and Foxtrot. Are the albums also available separately? (Hybrid PAL versions..)
[...]
I prefer a european shop...

Is Amazon.co.uk European enough? If so, click here for an overview of Genesis SACD titles available separately (as well as the box sets).
dieroboter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS3SACD wrote:
dieroboter wrote:
[...]
I prefer a european shop...

Is Amazon.co.uk European enough? If so, click here for an overview of Genesis SACD titles available separately (as well as the box sets).

Of course it's european enough...

...but they don't have the albums I want.
PS3SACD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, sorry for overlooking that.

It's odd -- there are placeholders for Selling England by the Pound and Foxtrot but though their release date is listed as 15 September they're not yet available. For The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway there's not even a page yet.
Brandon B

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's funny. I just checked, and I have the CD remasters of Selling England by the Pound, The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway and Foxtrot, which I had forgotten I had. Same three albums you are after. I guess our priorities in Genesis albums are parallel.

Also, appears these remasters are from 1994, not as recent as I thought. Still, they are fairly decent versions of the albums.

Post back i you track them down separately.
dieroboter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've bought the complete 70-75 SACD box today... saw it on a local store and couldn't resist. F...in Christmas... Smile

I'll tell you my impressions in short!
dieroboter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:04 pm    Post subject: First impressions Reply with quote

OK, I've given the box a short try, listening to some bits here and there, from different albums, mainly Selling England and The Lamb.

The SACD surround mix is great and clever. I'm always in fear about that, it's challenging to create a realistic sonic effect from such an old material. The music fits in the mix, and the mix fits in the music. Very dynamic, and nice use of the low frequencies. No complains about that.

Sound wise, there's something I don't enjoy that much. It all sounds so brilliant to my ears, specially the voice, even harsh at some moments. I had to tweak down the treble in the amp to soften the effect, that helped...

The SACD stereo layer sounds less aggressive, the bass is not so active, but still nice to listen to.
dannyjl

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:19 am    Post subject: Finally got 'em! Reply with quote

After many months of waiting and going through several merchants who cancelled my orders, Amazon.uk delivered the goods over the recent holidays. I just got back from the states and found the box waiting for me. Oddly, the price was about 9 pounds cheaper than the price listed on the web page. I'm amazed at the sound quality of the recordings made in the early 70's. Now, if Steve Hackett and some of the other boys would get their stuff out on SACD or BLU-Ray music........
The Seventh Taylor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little off SACD topic but concering Genesis: I came across this site today with truly fantastic fan-made artwork:

http://genesislive.ning.com/photo/photo/listForContributor?screenName=188gowqbuq295
dannyjl

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You said t - FANTASTIC art indeed. Thanks for pointing us to this stie. Lots of other Genesis goodies here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PS3SACD.com Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: