PS3SACD.com Home

HomeHome   Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Paul van Dyk, Texas & other rare SACD titles at steep pr
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Seventh Taylor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Paul van Dyk, Texas & other rare SACD titles at steep pr Reply with quote

In the other thread it was mentioned Paul van Dyk's Reflections SACD currently sells on Amazon.de for 80 euros (and has been offered at double that price or so).

Today I found two copies of Texas' Careful What You Wish For SACD on Amazon.co.uk, both at GBP 114. That's USD 230!

I think I'll keep looking out for this one a little bit longer.

EDIT: I have no idea why the title of this thread got truncated. It did let me type the word "prices" fully (though not a single character more).
D-Mode 5.1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's another (used!) copy of Reflections on at € 79.50

Meanwhile a copy of Groove Armada's Goodbye Country Hello Nightclub SACD sold on ebay the other day for $ 111.50
PS3SACD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've added a new page with an overview of SACD titles, including selected links to interesting items. (The number should grow a lot further over the next couple of weeks).

Some of the links link to Amazon.com, others to Amazon.co.uk or Amazon.de, depending on availability.

Also included: Paul van Dyk's Reflections. See under D.
culabula

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those that like it and live in the UK, I noticed today that HMV shops are selling SA-CD copies of DSOTM for just 8GBP.

Grab 'em now!
The Seventh Taylor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Paul van Dyk, Texas & other rare SACD titles at stee Reply with quote

I'm still looking for the Texas album, Careful what you wish for. On Amazon it's available but only at very steep prices (on all national versions of Amazon) but on eBay I never see a copy. What I do see is several offers for a 'Special Edition' of this CD yet no seller bothers to mention what's special about this version. Could it be this is the SACD? Is anyone here familiar with Texas' discography?
UT-Driven

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been looking and looking for Alison Krauss / Alison Krauss and Union Station SACDs for awhile and they are all higher priced also. Do we have any hopes of seeing reissues of some of the out of print releases, or are they generally gone when they go OOP.

I am really irritated at the state of SACD in the US particularly, with the Depeche Mode, Genesis, etc... releases being CD in the US and SACD outside of the US.

Doug
Brandon B

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't hold out much hope for the Alison Krauss stuff. She also produces Nickel Creek's albums, and they didn't even bother releasing on SACD on the third album.

Not to rub salt in the wound, but the Alison Krauss + Union Station SACDs are quite nice, well worth it if you can get them.

On the other stuff like Genesis, you can just order them from Amazon. Price premium a bit steep. I will say, though, that the U.S. Genesis remaster version CDs sound pretty damn good out of the PS3. I only have a few (Selling England by the Pound, Lamb and W&W), but all are top notch. I haven't repurchased them all because I have almost all of them on old british import LP as well.

BB
Superman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I foresee a very healthy secondary market for sacds in the coming future. Anyone that has been around audiophile circles before knows how much desireable out of print titles go for on cd and vinyl. Any SACD that I even slightly like I pick up because they are typically produced in such small numbers that demand for them will always exist. Remember that many in the SACD market have sunk tens of thousands into their sound system(most likely not using the PS3 as their player). That's why many SACD collectors will pay $300+ for a title without flinching.
D-Mode 5.1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A agree. Except for the Depeche Mode series, most SACD I've bought on eBay last year. The only place where I found copies of Kraftwerk's Minimum-Maximum was eBay.de (Germany). There appear to be one or two sellers who frequently put a single copy up for bidding (never at the same time, as far as I could see) and they always sold for 50 to 60 euro. In the end I had enough of getting outbid so I won one at € 56.

Still, SACDs I'm looking for but rarely or never see are Texas' one and Groove Armada's, especially Lovebox.
PS3SACD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman wrote:
I foresee a very healthy secondary market for sacds in the coming future.

That's why next to the Amazon offers we've started including a box that shows eBay's most-watched items from their Super Audio CD category. You'll find the at the bottom of each page here.
The Seventh Taylor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D-Mode 5.1 wrote:
SACDs I'm looking for but rarely or never see are Texas' one and Groove Armada's, especially Lovebox.

This week some Brit had put up two Groove Armada SACD on eBay -- Vertigo and Lovebox. The pictures proved they were really SACDs. I've already got the former so I bid on the latter. Until the end I was hopeful I'd make it but in the end it sold for GBP 47 (USD 92.50). That was more than I was prepared to offer at this moment.

Perhaps I'm going to regret this so much that I'll go even further next time, if there is going to be another chance, that is.

BTW, the other title sold for a mere 11 pounds.
D-Mode 5.1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG, a copy of Talk Talk's The Colour of Spring apparently does GBP 53.00 on eEbay already. I didn't realize it's so hard to get. It's one album I still want to have on SACD, even though it's stereo only. I obtained Spirit of Eden a few years ago at a reasonable price.

It's a pity they aren't multichannel but the music is brilliant nevertheless. Too bad also Laughing Stock has never been afforded an SACD release.
dieroboter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talk Talk, what a great band. They did some of the best stuff of the 80s, and totally underrated. I thought there was only one SACD album, The Colour of Spring (my fav album)... so Spirit of Eden also exists, hmmm. Nice! Smile

By the way, where is Mark Hollis? Question Question Question
D-Mode 5.1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dieroboter wrote:
... so Spirit of Eden also exists, hmmm.

There's a link here but the Amazon page says currently out of stock.

Not sure what happened to Mark Hollis either.

Regarding those Groove Armada SACDs, on Amazon Goodbye Country, Hello Nightclub is not available right now, Vertigo sells for 12 pounds and someone offers Lovebox for GBP 399! I thought I miscounted the digits but it really says so.
The Seventh Taylor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D-Mode 5.1 wrote:
OMG, a copy of Talk Talk's The Colour of Spring apparently does GBP 53.00 on eEbay already. I didn't realize it's so hard to get.

Well, the same seller offered another copy and it just sold for a staggering GBP 84. I let it pass.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PS3SACD.com Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: