PS3SACD.com Home

HomeHome   Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

First BD/SACD combi pack music release

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Seventh Taylor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:20 am    Post subject: First BD/SACD combi pack music release Reply with quote

2L, the Norwegian classical label, has issued a new recording as a 2-disc package, Divertimenti, consisting of a (practically audio-only) Blu-ray Disc and Super Audio CD.

There's a wide range of audio variations to choose from:

Hybrid SACD:
- Stereo DSD
- MCH 5.1 DSD
- Stereo 16/44.1

Blu-Ray (dual layer):
- Stereo Linear PCM 24 BIT / 192 kHz
- MCH 5.1 Linear PCM 24 BIT / 192 kHz
- MCH 5.1 DTS HD Master Audio 24 BIT / 192 kHz
- MCH 5.1 Dolby True HD 24 BIT / 192 kHz
- MCH 5.1 DD 48kHz

All resolutions and encodings presented are derived from the same original DXD source files.

The album is even available as HiRes audio download in FLAC 24/96 stereo, FLAC 24/96 multi 5.1 and DSD64 stereo at their online shop. Note: NOK 189 equates to about EUR 23.65 or USD 37.13.

Now wouldn't it be interesting if we saw the same thing happening for some pop/rock/electronic/... music? Who's to follow?
PS3SACD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently 2L has evaluated the experiment positively because they've announced another such release:

Ellen Sejersted Bødtker: SONaR
2L (2008)
Catalog no.: 2L51SABD
Genre: Art music :: Contemporary

Hybrid SACD + music Blu-ray Disc
5.0 SURROUND + STEREO

Quote:
Ellen Sejersted Bødtker / Hildegunn Riise / Oslo Kammersolister / Grex Vocalis

SONaR is a sound signal sent out to create an echo from whatever it may encounter and thus reveal the unknown. I think we all send our symbolic sonars into physical and spiritual space, in a constant search for meaning. At least I do. And my life and music represent both this child's sonars and the universe's ever-unfolding answer. - Magnar Åm

The music is insistent, powerful and existential, bringing out the dramatic qualities of the instrument. In the cadenza the electric harp with all its effects carries on a dialogue with its acoustic counterpart, as if the new and the ancient world were melting together; a Mongolian shepherd's song winds its way between the strings. - Ellen Sejersted Bødtker

See http://www.2l.musiconline.no/shop/displayAlbum.asp?id=35549
mister_playboy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully more release like this will be available. The price even looks very reasonable.

I like it.
Shai

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote][color=green][/color]I know DVD-A & SACD "flopped", but don't the powers that be see people buying these things for 5 times more than original retai on eBay. Pagey used "How the West Was Won" to test the water, and was going to release the entire Zeppelin catalog on DVD-A; he was really looking forward to making those new muti-channel mixes, and of course doing whatever he can to make it all sound better. I'm still not over that. Classical must have a higher % of audiophiles, 'cause they always get the "good stuff" first and at a much higher % than other genres. I am hopeful for higher resolution & multichannel options, but most kids don't even hear the difference when they give their friend their left ear bud on their MP3 player. Is the music kids listen to in mono? I don't know if there's enough people to make it happen. Stereo would have flopped if they hadn't made mono backwards-compatability issues. I hope this new stuff I'm hearing about takes off.[/quote]
PS3SACD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mister_playboy wrote:
Hopefully more release like this will be available. The price even looks very reasonable.

Sorry we forgot to post the information here and only reported this on the front page. There are four more (so six in total) in the meantime.

For convenience we've added an 2L overview page.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PS3SACD.com Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: