PS3SACD.com Home

HomeHome   Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ask Sony to keep SACD on the PS3
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bdole

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you referring to the Playstation Credit discount of $100 now plus $200 off your first $3k of charges?

http://www.us.playstation.com/EP/Events/351?DCMP=ILC-RSS-Events
The Seventh Taylor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure Brandon must have been referring to the $200 price drop from the original introduction price of $599 to the current $399 -- and a possible $299 in the (near?) future.

John Koller meanwhile has stated that UMD is critical to SCE's business and they're not planning a UMD-less PSP in the (near) future.

At about the same time, SCE has quashed speculation they'd one day release a BD-less PS3.

I wish they'd said the same about SACD but obviously there's a difference. I'm not talking about the potential mismatch in interest i.e. a lot of PSP and PS3 owners may not care much about UMD and BD respectively but they're the main carriers that Sony trusts for game distribution. SACD does not have this function, it's just an auxilary feature. Moreover, SCE stands to gain very little from SACD; that would be Sony Music primarily (if they'd be a little more active in this field) and, at a higher level, Sony Corporate (thanks to additional licensing income if SACD became more popular) but with the divisions' own P&L responsibility they've likely got a high degree of independence when it comes to making such decisions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PS3SACD.com Forum Index -> Equipment All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: