PS3SACD.com Home

HomeHome   Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mamma Mia

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brandon B

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:44 am    Post subject: Mamma Mia Reply with quote

My wife received this on BD for Xmas and we watched it the other night. If you are a minor or major Abba fan you will likely enjoy it (although I have seen a few rants against its use of a non-professional singing cast). It is firmly in the chick-flick category, but I enjoyed it a fair bit.

Some nice scenery of Greek islands, although the majority was shot in a soundstage I was a bit surprised to learn in the extras. Video and audio were both well done, although there was a bit of softness here and there on a few of the actors faces. Comes with digital copy (iTunes or WMV).

Tonight and over the next week, I shall be cleansing away the girl movie residue with The Final Countdown, the more recent Hulk, The Dark Knight, Dr. No, and Get Smart.

Also got a BD of Yes, Live at Montreaux. Have to wait until the wife is out or away for that one. Jon Anderson is nails on a chalkboard for her.
The Seventh Taylor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, yes, Mamma Mia. My wife rented it two months ago and she loved it more than any other movie she's seen in a while. Too bad I missed it. I love Abba. I've been playing it a lot again lately because somehow I've come to associate the music with Christmas -- probably because my elder sister got some of the albums in the holiday season when they came out.
Jens

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Seventh Taylor wrote:
I love Abba.

Then you may also like this title:

See http://kotaku.com/5047797/abba-invades-singstar
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PS3SACD.com Forum Index -> Movies All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: