PS3SACD.com Home

HomeHome   Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spiderman bundle

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yuri

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject: Spiderman bundle Reply with quote

Remarkable that Sony decided to do a movie bundle and a game bundle and then bundle the movie (Spiderman 3 on Blu-ray Disc) with the PS3 version that's most focused on gaming (the entry-level $399 model that lacks SACD) while bundling the game (Motorstorm) with the PS3 version that's got the high-end AV specifications -- the 80GB version.

Anyway, does anyone else have a clue as to why the PlayStation3 'logo' (if we can call it that) used the same font as Spiderman? As if the console was made all along solely with the idea of accompanying the Spiderman 3 movie (or game) in mind.
FunkyMonkey

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Spiderman bundle Reply with quote

Yuri wrote:

Anyway, does anyone else have a clue as to why the PlayStation3 'logo' (if we can call it that) used the same font as Spiderman? As if the console was made all along solely with the idea of accompanying the Spiderman 3 movie (or game) in mind.

I think it's because it sis a nice font. Also, it is called "The Spiderman Font". Maybe pre-launch, tehre was a coherent launch plan, but I guess the Spidrman Trilogy took a bit longer to produce than anticipated.

Who knows?

Found this on google....
Sony knows that spiderman3 will launch its bluray format thats why the ps3 has the spiderman font on the console. The fact is that the biggest movie of 2007.....
Jens

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This article seems to confirm it all:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=161017

Quote:

Kutaragi "insisted" on Spider-Man font for PS3

Thursday 29-Mar-2007 2:07 PM

May have even been the motivating force behind PS3's shape, says the console's designer

The creative force behind the design of PS3, Teiyu Goto, has revealed how the Spider-Man font came to be used on PS3 in an interview with the Official PlayStation Magazine.

Goto explained, "Take the PS2 logo - we created it to blend in with the rectangular shape of the console. Personally, I feel very strongly that the logo would not have looked right on PS3.

"If you really look at the PS3 contour carefully, it is rounded when viewing the console in profile. Rather than creating a typography with all the risks that entails, it was wiser to use the one from Spider-Man, for which Sony has the rights.

"It was also the wish of President Kutaragi, who insisted that I use this typography. In fact, the logo was one of the first elements he decided on and the logo may have been the motivating force behind the shape of PS3."

Issue 005 of Official PlayStation Magazine goes on sale tomorrow.

Yuri

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sony may have exclusivity for the Spiderman property but they don't have any monopoly on the Batman franchise, so behold: a Dark Knight Xbox360...

The Seventh Taylor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought this officially licensed 'Spider-man 3' -- I never noticed that hyphen before -- swim ring for a family member the other day, just for the sake of the swim ring actually.

Now I don't expect anybody will be confused but isn't it striking with the vertical lettering on the left-hand side how much this box (approximately as tall as a BD box) looks like a PlayStation3 game?
Brandon B

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, did you try it and see? I'm thinking with the slot loading BD drive, you'll need to leave it uninflated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PS3SACD.com Forum Index -> Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: