PS3SACD.com Home

HomeHome   Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New albums by U2 and Depeche Mode imminent

View previous topic :: View next topic  
D-Mode 5.1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:04 am    Post subject: New albums by U2 and Depeche Mode imminent Reply with quote

U2 will release their new album, No Line on the Horizon on March 3, 2009. There will also be a limited edition box set including a CD, DVD, a 60-page hardcover book and a poster. The DVD is of a new movie by Anton Corbijn, so not a multichannel mix of the album apparently.

I wonder how the DVD will look. I've got a DVD of Depeche Mode's music videos and I find that the bandwidth is not good enough to properly reproduce Corbijn's grainy footage. They ought to release it on BD.

Depeche Mode have also got a new album coming out, scheduled for April.

Chartattack writes:
Quote:
Depeche Mode's 12th studio album, Sounds Of The Universe, will hit stores on April 21 via Mute/EMI.

The follow-up to 2005's Playing The Angel was produced by Ben Hillier (Blur, The Futureheads) in Santa Barbara, Calif. and New York using vintage gear, including analogue synthesizers and drum machines. It apparently features more black humour than anything the band have released to date.

[...]

Singer Dave Gahan and keyboardist/guitarist Martin Gore wrote the songs on Sounds Of The Universe, and keyboardist Andy Fletcher told Billboard.com that a deluxe version of the album will also be released.

No more details yet, but in this case I've got a little more hope there may be an SACD version of the album, like with 101 and Playing the Angel.
PS3SACD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: New albums by U2 and Depeche Mode imminent Reply with quote

D-Mode 5.1 wrote:
U2 will release their new album, No Line on the Horizon on March 3, 2009.

In case anyone's interested, their new single Get On Your Boots is available for download now (here).
The Seventh Taylor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Details of the new album and the box set are listed on http://www.depechemode.com/sotu.html.

The 5.1 mix is issued on a DVD -- there's no SACD. Still, exciting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PS3SACD.com Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: