PS3SACD.com Home

HomeHome   Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Police - Certifiable (Blu-Ray Edition)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dieroboter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:17 am    Post subject: The Police - Certifiable (Blu-Ray Edition) Reply with quote

I like The Police a lot, but I don't consider myself a big fan. I wanted to go to one of their concerts in the reunion tour, but both the high prices of the tickets and the quickness of their selling left me without it.

Yesterday I saw "Certifiable" at a local store. A Blu-Ray + 2CD pack of the Buenos Aires concert in 2007. I didn't even know it exists, so I bought it immediately. And what a great decision...

The concert is filmed in 1080i / 60 fps. The image is totally crystal clear. Good black levels, nice camera filming... fine so far. But the outstanding comes with the audio. A Dolby TrueHD track that sounds truly amazing. The subwoofer is LOUD, bass and drums merge so good. Needless to say the performance quality is excellent... they still do it good for their age, and watching Copeland drumming the way he does, all in HD glory... you must see it by yourself. The crowd is huge. Maybe 100.000 people.

When the concert started with "Message in a Bottle", I was almost jumping in my living room. It's just what I expect from a good blu-ray/DVD concert, and I think that nowadays it's the best of its kind.

Definitely worths checking out, for both fans of good music and The Police!
PS3SACD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right. After reading this very favorable review by The Bits we were thinking of spending some attention to it on the news page. (Expect that still.)

Arrow Review by The Digital Bits

Arrow The Police: Certifiable - Live In Buenos Aires (BD + 2 CD Set) on Amazon

EDIT: coverage is up now; see it here (22 Dec 2008)
culabula

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was extremely impressed by this BD, from all er, angles. It's a regular on this fella's PS3.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PS3SACD.com Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: