PS3SACD.com Home

HomeHome   Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DSD Disc playback on SACD players

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yuri

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:43 pm    Post subject: DSD Disc playback on SACD players Reply with quote

With Oppo being one of the most popular manufacturers of SACD players nowadays, I thought I'd ask them if the BPD-83 supports DSD Disc playback, or whether there were any plans to do so in the future. After all, Sony's SCD-XA5400ES and PlayStation3 being the only consumer hardware to do so sounds so limited, despite the obviously large numbers of PS3s.

The answer was a firm denial but what amazed me was it came just 5 minutes after I had sent my question, even though that was after office hours. And it looks to me like it's not a standard/automated reply.

Oppo wrote:
DSD is a Sony technology, and we have only seen DSD supported on some sony laptops, desktops and players. Our players can only playback commercially mastered SACD media.
Brandon B

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oppo's technical support is pretty amazing. I have one of their DVD players, and experienced it first hand with a dead unit a few years ago.

If I didn't have/want a PS3, their new blu-ray player would be my hands down choice at any price.

I keep it handy because I nabbed some hacked firmware for it that disables UOPS. And it is a great DVD player. And region free.
PS3SACD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a shameless plug: The Oppo BDP-83 can be purchased from our overview of SACD-compatible Blu-ray Disc players.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PS3SACD.com Forum Index -> Equipment All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: