PS3SACD.com Home

HomeHome   Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Possibly the best SACD player ever for $999 at Crutchfield

View previous topic :: View next topic  
discreplayboss

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:24 pm    Post subject: Possibly the best SACD player ever for $999 at Crutchfield Reply with quote

Yep, Denon couldn't sell DVD-5910's for $3800 anymore because they didn't play Blu-rays, so they sold them all to to Crutchfield on the cheap, so they could blow them all out for $999. I figure I'll always have a PS3 for Blu-ray, but I have a large CD/DVD/SACD/DVD-Audio collection, and I don't think any player will be as good as this sans blu-ray for a grand.

Here's a review-

http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/transports/dvd-players/denon-dvd-5910ci

It's a beast of a player with the ultimate in build quality, power supply, transport, and D/A conversion.

It will be very interesting to A/B the same SACD with the Denon and my PS3. Actually any media that plays in both will be interesting to compare. I just ordered mine Monday morning. I wonder how much of a bath Denon took on these? I would guess they sold them to Crutchfield for no more then $750 a piece.
Brandon B

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool deal. Thanks for posting. Be sure and come back to post your comparison.

Don't know if Id' spring for this, as I'd be more inclined to nab an Oppo 983 and a second PS3, but I am tempted.
PS3SACD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A similar deal is available here: $999 at Amazon

Arrow Denon DVD-5910CI A/V Progressive Scan DVD Audio/SACD Player with Realta T2 HQV
discreplayboss

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't had much time to listen. I've been working on finishing the basement and it's taking a while. I'm a little disappointed that it doesn't support DSD, as it is only HDMI 1.1. Has anyone a/b'd DSD vs. PCM on a new recv'r that can handle DSD?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PS3SACD.com Forum Index -> Equipment All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: