PS3SACD.com Home

HomeHome   Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Firmware History

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blewis727

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:33 am    Post subject: Firmware History Reply with quote

Hi All. Was wondering if anyone would mind outlining the history of what the PS3 has been capable of with regard to SACD as it's firmware has been updated. When I got mine (an 80 GB that does play SACD), the firmware had just been released that "broke" SACD support. I actually have a standalone SACD changer, so I haven't checked that functionality for awhile, but I see it's back. I have read that earlier firmware allowed somewhat different multi-channel playback option. If anyone has this info handy and doesn't mind posting it, I would really appreciate it! Thanks, Ben
PS3SACD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: Firmware History Reply with quote

blewis727 wrote:
I got mine (an 80 GB that does play SACD), the firmware had just been released that "broke" SACD support.

Not sure what you mean by that. SACD support has never been "broken" in firmware. The only thing that got dropped was multichannel audio via optical output, which was only present in v2.00.

For other changes pertaining to SACD, see the FAQ: What difference does the firmware version make for CD and SA-CD?

For the complete overview of system software changes and downloads of all the actual software see the links at http://www.ps3sacd.com/links.html
blewis727

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your second link had a list of links. Of them, this one:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_3_System_Software

Answered my question precisely, so thank you. I could have sworn that my PS3 could not output multi-channel from my SACDs for the longest time. It would only allow me to output hybrids as CD or 2 channel SACD. I tried outputting via HDMI and Toslink and got same results with both. From my limited research, I thought it was a firmware limitation as my PS3 has an SACD chip. I guess it was UE (no surprise there) and since I had a dedicated player, I didn't try very hard to figure it out Smile Regardless, getting MC now via HDMI. Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PS3SACD.com Forum Index -> Equipment All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: