PS3SACD.com Home

HomeHome   Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3D reality re-creation, James Cameron and Sigourney Weaver

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yuri

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:12 am    Post subject: 3D reality re-creation, James Cameron and Sigourney Weaver Reply with quote

I could try to make this on topic by referring to Blu-ray 3D, which PS3 may be going to support and which will likely see the Avatar movie appear first on the format, but this is really about something else; something I haven't seen anyone else writing about yet.

After just having watched Avatar and seeing what they can pull off and how James Cameron apparently likes to work with Sigourney Weaver, I cant help but think that his next project will be a new sequel or prequel to the Alien series with a young Ellen Ripley, digitally recreated, using the actresses' voice and perhaps motion capture of her actual body. After all, while at 60 she’s aging very gracefully, it's 13 years ago since she last starred in it and even more than 30 since she first did.

Reportedly, he's been working on such a concept, and so has she (albeit with Ridley Scott). See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_%28franchise%29#Future_films
Brandon B

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The scuttlebutt I've read has pointed to it being sort of a franchise reboot ala Star Trek, rather than a prequel.

But the digitally recreated actor thing is definitely well on its way. Started quite a while ago, using manipulated shots of actors when they were younger (bits of Clint Eastwood from The Eiger Sanction standing in for younger him in In the Line of Fire). Then more recent stuff like Angelina Jolie as Grendel's mom in Beowulf (plus a tail and things).

The question will be once they can synthesize the voice as well as the body, who do they have to pay and how much? When does a dead person enter the public domain?

I've wondered if they Paid Sir Olivier's estate for his role in Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PS3SACD.com Forum Index -> Movies All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: