PS3SACD.com Home

HomeHome   Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

sacd recommendations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jens

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got a chance to listen to NIN's The Downward Spiral on SACD for the first time. My, this is rough stuff but the surround mix is great. I will have to listen some more to this for it to grow on me but I've not been disappointed.
dannyjl

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:32 am    Post subject: Genesis 76 - 82 Extra Tracks Reply with quote

Listened to the extra tracks disk included in the Genesis 76'82 collection. I got this a year ago but haven't gotten around to it. My, what a surprise! I'm familiar with and have vinyl copies of all these tunes with the exception of 2. The sound is outstanding - in fact I never could understand how many of these never made it to the albums back then.

Now if you're not familiar with these then don't know how you;d like them. For me it was like opening a treasure chest. Can't wait for the fall release of the Gabriel years. EDIT 7-10-08: Checked Amazon.uk and they have a pre-order for this set with a releaase date of 9-15-08, so it's starting to feel official again. Now, just waiting to hear about a blu release for the new dvd concert.

Man, the SACD scene seems dead in the water as of late. Haven't seen much or any news about new releases in the rock world. News anyone?

Last edited by dannyjl on Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Jens

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much. The only thing I've seen announced this year is Dead Can Dance's complete works, sadly in stereo.

I'm hoping the wipEout HD soundtrack (which was made in 5.1) will be released on SACD but so far no hints pointing in that direction.

Of course we've still got the third Genesis box (the earliest years) to wait for. Apparently it's been delayed by a few months.

Mute Records has announced it will issue remasters of Yazoo's albums in 5.1 but reportedly not on SACD.
Superman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well "Doolittle" by the Pixies was just released(it sounds great) and MSFL has announced a "Bossanova" hybrid SACD is being planned.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PS3SACD.com Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: