PS3SACD.com Home

HomeHome   Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What's the difference between the Bulky PS3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
afisara

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:27 am    Post subject: What's the difference between the Bulky PS3 Reply with quote

What's the difference between the Bulky PS3 and the Slim PS3 except for size and weight? I'd like to buy my husband a PS3 for Christmas but my friend says the new Slim PS3 is not as good as the Old one with regards to the games that can be played. Is it true that the Slim PS3 cannot play the PS2 games like the old one can?

Last edited by afisara on Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Yuri

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:05 am    Post subject: Re: What's the difference between the Bulky PS3 Reply with quote

afisara wrote:
What's the difference between the Bulky PS3 and the Slim PS3 except for size and weight? I'd like to buy my husband a PS3 for Christmas but my friend says the new Slim PS3 is not as good as the Old one with regards to the games that can be played. Is it true that the Slim PS3 cannot play the PS2 games like the old one can?

It depends on what you mean by 'the old one'.

The first two generations of PS3 can play SACDs and all or most PS2 games. The later, still 'fat' models can't do eiter. So you have to watch carefully: being 'fat' is no guarantee for having the extra compatibility.

You can look for the SACD logo on the side (or for 4 USB ports on the front, or memory card slots) or check the type number with this table.

Other differences are: the newer generations produce less fan noise i.e. are quieter.

Whether any of these features is important is up to you and your husband.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PS3SACD.com Forum Index -> Equipment All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: