PS3SACD.com Home

HomeHome   Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Social Network

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Seventh Taylor

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 2:03 am    Post subject: The Social Network Reply with quote

I watched The Social Network a few days ago. Very captivating. Not very complimentary for Zuckerberg even though the actor they chose looked more sympathetic than him. Nice to see Justin Timberlake reveals himself as quite a multi-talent. What also struck me was this sort of non-linear dialogue, for lack of a better term, like you find in Instant Messaging conversations where discussion of different topics gets intertwined/interleaved. I guess it's something that the (young) brains gets accustomed to.
What I loved the most however was how apparently they've stuck so much to the facts, and kept all the names real. This in contrast to Wall Street II that I saw the other week. Actually I think the story gives a pretty correct description of how the 2008 financial crisis started but why did they have to change all the names? Basically non-fiction disguised as fiction. Except of course there's this love story, quite unnecessary. And why they chose these two particular actors remains a mystery to me. Perhaps it's because I haven't seen Transformers but I don't get the attraction.
Lastly I wonder if Gordon Gekko would have been less of a hero if he'd been played by a typical bad-guy actor like Gene Hackman. I fear not.

PS: I loved the music in TSN. Much more electronic than I would have expected from Trent Reznor. It really makes me curious for the multichannel soundtrack.
Tomassse

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have heard that there is a movie about Steve Jobs. Do you know the title of it?

<spam deleted by admin>

Last edited by Tomassse on Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Brandon B

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is in early planning stages. Probably has no title yet, or at best, only a working title.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PS3SACD.com Forum Index -> Movies All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: