PS3SACD.com Home

HomeHome   Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SACD samplers: Rolling Stones

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Seventh Taylor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:48 pm    Post subject: SACD samplers: Rolling Stones Reply with quote

Now on eBay: an SACD sampler I've never seen before: The Rolling Stones remastered

Is there any list of such SACD samplers? I like collecting them..
Yuri

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another one (at a pretty steeper price) that better shows the actual SACD.

There's dozens of SACD samplers with 'various artists' by lots of labels and by Sony and Philips, but if you mean SACD samplers of one individual artist to me only the Elton John one comes to mind.
The Seventh Taylor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I stumbled upon this 5.1 SACD promo sampler by CAN:

In the meantime I also noticed there are actually two Rolling Stones SACD samplers: a 21-track UK one and a 6-track US one. Compare this:

to this:

BTW, sa-cd.net has a list of over 100 SACD samplers (mostly by various artists from one label) but all of the above are missing so it's clearly far from complete.
Brandon B

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Stones samplers are all stereo, no?

I have several of those SACD releases: Let it Bleed, Aftermath, Out of Our Heads, HSMR, and Flowers. I like them quite a bit. All are stereo only, which is sensible to me, given the material. Curious at some point to compare them to the new HD digital releases, although I think they are probably pretty similar.
The Seventh Taylor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The samplers and all Rolling Stones albums are stereo only but there is one multichannel SACD: the Sympathy for the Devil remixes.

I wonder to what extent the SHM-SACDs use any different masterings than the US/UK releases. I believe among the SHM-SACDs there are some Rolling Stones albums that had not been released on SACD before.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PS3SACD.com Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: