PS3SACD.com Home

HomeHome   Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PS3 to DAC

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ecmb1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:48 pm    Post subject: PS3 to DAC Reply with quote

i own an auralic vega DAC and i wish to connect the PS3 to the DAC via a digital coax output since i only want to use the PS3 as a transport devise....
does the PS3 have this capability?
If not, what other options are there?
The Seventh Taylor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, AFAIK the PS3 doesn't have a coax digital output. If iot did, it would not output anything beyond Red Book audio (maybe 88.2kHz if you're lucky). It does have an optical output but the same constraints apply.

The best digital output on PS3 is really the HDMI port. Even that will not output DSD. See the FAQ. It will output high-resolution (even multi-channel) PCM but DACs with HDMI input are rare (except if you go to A/V Receivers) so I'm afraid PS3 + external DAC is not a combination that will work well.

Do drop a line here if you find a good solution.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PS3SACD.com Forum Index -> Equipment All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: