PS3SACD.com Home

HomeHome   Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

good and bad resellers
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yuri

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have experience with DVD4Music from the UK?

I ordered three hard-to-find SACDs from them. I was amazed to find them on offer, for prices that were not outrageous at all. After a month however I still hadn't received anything so I dropped them an email. They replied "sorry for this delay but rare and deleted titles do take a little longer to source for our customers. We are expecting new stock of these three from one of our overseas distributors this coming week and will let you know when we ship." That's three months ago now and still nothing. I've demanded my money back but of course they've stopped responding to my emails.
FunkyMonkey

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yuri wrote:
Does anyone have experience with DVD4Music from the UK?

I ordered three hard-to-find SACDs from them. I was amazed to find them on offer, for prices that were not outrageous at all. After a month however I still hadn't received anything so I dropped them an email. They replied "sorry for this delay but rare and deleted titles do take a little longer to source for our customers. We are expecting new stock of these three from one of our overseas distributors this coming week and will let you know when we ship." That's three months ago now and still nothing. I've demanded my money back but of course they've stopped responding to my emails.

Yes, I ordered a DVD-A of Missy Elliot and it arrived promptly. Not bad for <£8. Maybe you were rude and they stopped replying? If not, give them a ring?

I never order from a place that doesn't have a telephone number or address - it looks too much liek they are trying to make it hard for you to contact them shoudl you need to.
Yuri

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, my tone of voice has become increasingly urging yet my emails have remained business-like, not a single rude word.

They don't have a phone number on their website, only an address, but I've found the guy (same address as the company) in the phonebook. So far they haven't picked up the phone but I'll keep trying.
Yuri

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More than four months on and the case is finally concluded. Nine months ago I ordered three SACDs: Groove Armada's Lovebox, Texas' Careful what you wish for and Vanessa Mae's The Violin Player. I gathered from the site DVD4Music had these in stock. I paid by PayPal.

When after a month I still had not received anything I sent them an email. They replied some of these items took longer to obtain but they expected to get them the next week, so I was patient. After a few more months and (unanswered) emails later I called them. They explained to me that they had none of these in stock, and simply tried to obtain them ("from 25 different suppliers"). I made it clear that I had no faith they would be able to obtain them, at least not at or under the prices advertised, and that I wanted to cancel my order. That was fine.

Despite my confirming this by email and several more email requests for a refund, still no money. Last week I finally managed to get hold of them again by phone. They apologised for not having refunded yet. Unfortunately they had stopped doing business with PayPal so that way of refund was not an option. They sent me cash instead. It did arrive few days after my phone call.

They money I got was EUR 70, which even at current rates is less than the GBP 58.85 I paid for the 3 titles plus P&P. If (sensibly) avoiding sending coins by regular mail, sending me EUR 75 was the least they could have done. I will not even mention that at the time I paid this amount, it equated to more than EUR 83.

Anyway, I'm not going to bother with this anymore.

My advice: do not order here unless you're prepared to wait (and part with your money) for eternity.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PS3SACD.com Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: