PS3SACD.com Home

HomeHome   Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SACD playback under Linux?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jens

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Seventh Taylor wrote:
Jens wrote:
Didn't one of Panasonic's BD players feature DVD-Audio playback?

Yes, their first generation BD-10A reportedly but none after that.

Their new model announced this week, the DMP-BD55 "adds further attention to audio performance with the addition of 7.1 analog outputs, audio grade components and isolation feet to reduce the effects of vibration". With such audiophile positioning I wonder if they add back DVD-Audio.
jolson

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jens wrote:
The Seventh Taylor wrote:
Jens wrote:
Didn't one of Panasonic's BD players feature DVD-Audio playback?

Yes, their first generation BD-10A reportedly but none after that.

Their new model announced this week, the DMP-BD55 "adds further attention to audio performance with the addition of 7.1 analog outputs, audio grade components and isolation feet to reduce the effects of vibration". With such audiophile positioning I wonder if they add back DVD-Audio.

Probably not, but you could go the "round-about way" of ripping your DVD-Audio disc with DVD-A Explorer and then use TSRemuxer to make a "Mini-BD image" to burn on a a single- or dual-layer DVD - playable on Stand-alone BD players.
Jens

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In another forum where I posted the suggestion of porting DVDAE to PS3's Linux environment, a user by the name of 880 responded:
Quote:
I think playing encrypted discs is not feasible. The encryption requires you to get the volume ID from the drive, but under PS3 Linux, that is not possible.

That sounds like a real bummer because I don't expect any developer to create and release DVD-A playback in the XMB environment, and also I assume most DVD-Audio discs are encrypted.
PS3SACD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such an application, to be puchased through the PlayStation Sotre, would be the best solution because it could cover any DVD-Audio royalty, as far as this is required, which the free firmware upgrades never could. (We've proposed the same solution to Sony for the DSD-to-DTS transcoding but it seems they haven't done anything with it.)

Anyway, the FAQ is now updated with a bit of nuance to reflect the likely technical possibility of DVD-Audio playback.
dvdasacd

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you really need a licence to legally decode MLP? Or even decrypt CPPM/CPRM?

There's now a foobar plugin which uses the same source decoding/decrypting libraries as DVDAE. It doesn't circumvent copy protection, but merely allows playback of the format. Is it still an "illegal" foobar plugin?
Jens

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to the original topic -- SACD playback under Linux: It seem after all this time there is (a beginning of) a solution!

See this thread: SACD ripping made possible!
kijanina

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the best linux for an old computer to play a nintendo emulator? I need a linux that I can just pop in an old computer and install a nintendo emulator easily on.

<spam removed by admin on 19 Feb 2011>

Last edited by kijanina on Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
dvdasacd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kijanina wrote:
What is the best linux for an old computer to play a nintendo emulator? I need a linux that I can just pop in an old computer and install a nintendo emulator easily on.

You're better to try your query at the wiihacks forums. (try searching first, too Wink )
PS3SACD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dvdsacd, thanks for your effort to seriously answer kijanina's question but in this case you really don't need to bother. Your feeling the question isn't really on topic is right. See this.

BTW, 'muritala', 'vusigaga', 'afisara' and 'kijanina' are likely one and the same.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PS3SACD.com Forum Index -> Equipment All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: