PS3SACD.com Home

HomeHome   Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gamers buy more music

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Seventh Taylor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:58 pm    Post subject: Gamers buy more music Reply with quote

I'm not sure if they also buy more SACDs but I guess for PS3 owners that's actually true. For me, both are the case (music in general and SACDs).

Anyway, according to this article

Quote:

Gamers Buy Music

MARCH 17, 2008

In general, sales of music have been struggling while video game sales have soared. In 2007, video game retail revenues tripled while music sales fell 10%.

But according to an NPD Group report, hardcore gamers are actually more likely to buy music and DVDs than video games.

This trend is particularly apparent among teens. Video game purchases by teens increased 41% in 2007, while CD sales declined 45%. Video games were one of the top reasons teens cited for buying fewer CDs.

Surprisingly, however, core gamers who play video games daily or several times a week spend more of their entertainment budgets on non-video game forms of entertainment. In fact, in the past 6 months, 58% purchased a new DVD, 46% bought a CD, and 43% purchased a console video game.

"We have this perception of hardcore gamers glued to their consoles, and immersed in virtual worlds, when in fact, they are still spending a lot of time with, and money on, music, movies, and other pastimes," said Russ Crupnick, entertainment analyst at NPD.
Brandon B

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see. We have bought 8 PS3 and 2 PS2 games since March when I bought my PS3. And about 8-9 downloadable titles.

In that time, probably 32 BDs, 10 DVDs and 30 CD/SACDs.

But I am really not a gamer by most definitions. I do the marathons when I first get a game to finish it, but my music listening and movie watching are much more consistent over time.

BB
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PS3SACD.com Forum Index -> Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: